Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooo I did it again. Had a few drinks decided to see what I could find. Found a Camacho strongbox scorpion edition limited to 150. Msrp at release was $799. Mikes cigars was the only retailer that had them for purchase. They are asking 1K. Half wheel only had positive things to say. Heck didn’t find one really bad review at all. I think I got a deal
Kitchen appliance Wood Recipe Rectangle Office equipment
Property Product Wood Font Screenshot

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know the first pic is a stock pic. I asked the seller about this and she said that’s it’s new in box. Box isn’t sealed but has never been used. Moving my collection up lil by lil. Now I can get rid of one of my cheap “Chinese” boxes

·
Super Moderator
17,924 Posts
I never find stuff.. of course this is my only social media, so that limits it a bit.

Gonna use the " @Ranger0282 method" of seasoning. Put it in the sink, hose it down, blow off the excess with an air compressor, done in three way steps. Boom ...instant accessory box... lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
Great. Thanks to you I've been checking every day for something in my area. Thankfully I have a short attention span and wouldn't know a deal if it bit me in the butt. I should be safe. Though I really do need a bigger humidor. :(

·
Registered
Cigars from Nicaragua, Honduras mostly
8 Posts
I never find stuff.. of course this is my only social media, so that limits it a bit.

Gonna use the " @Ranger0282 method" of seasoning. Put it in the sink, hose it down, blow off the excess with an air compressor, done in three way steps. Boom ...instant accessory box... lol

I would be careful using compressed air. Some compressors have a trace of oil with the air. (Retired mechanic here.)

·
Super Moderator
17,924 Posts
I would be careful using compressed air. Some compressors have a trace of oil with the air. (Retired mechanic here.)
It's an old joke.. a guy here sprayed his down, then hit it with the compressor. Needless to say it was ruined.

I think if you hosed down your humidor a trace of oil would be the least of your worries.. lol

Reactions: Solo

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great. Thanks to you I've been checking every day for something in my area. Thankfully I have a short attention span and wouldn't know a deal if it bit me in the butt. I should be safe. Though I really do need a bigger humidor. :(
I got mine off of an online auction. It was considered "damaged". But I don't see any damage. It was already like half price and then I gave an even lower offer and the merchant accepted. It was like one of my first purchases and it holds humidity just fine. It's equal with my tuppidors. Which I also have a couple of. The humidor looks much nicer though. Only complaint I have is it was sold as a 300 count humidor and I don't think it is. I know when they do the counts they are counting a smaller cigar. But idk if I could ever get 300 in there. Maybe if i laid them perfectly.

I'll see if I can find the store and post it. It's definitely not in the same league as some of the other name brands I've seen mentioned here. But it was also like a fifth the price. Op definitely got a nice deal with that though.

It's called Ravello 300 count burl humidor with sure seal technology. It was like $75 shipped.

Mine doesn't have any of those scratches or dings. I can't see any damage or imperfections at all

·
Registered
Cigars from Nicaragua, Honduras mostly
8 Posts
It's an old joke.. a guy here sprayed his down, then hit it with the compressor. Needless to say it was ruined.

I think if you hosed down your humidor a trace of oil would be the least of your worries.. lol

It's the internet. You can never know what people will do. 😆

·
Registered
606 Posts
Holy guacamole. That’s a great find! I’ve been racking my imagination on what to do with “my spare room” in our new build. Arms Room / Smoking / Drinking room with no smoking....or just a couple decent humidors..... or some form of display humidor I can rest boxes as well as loose cigars.
What to do ....what to do....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts