Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't had a cigar in over a week. Came down with some kind of nasty head cold/sinus thingy.

In spite of being sick, I ran in my 5th marathon yesterday. I think I could have done much better if I had been healthy, but, all in all I'm satisfied with the results. 4 hrs, 26 min, 42 sec to cover the full 26.2 miles. The winner came in at least 2 hrs ahead of me, but hey, I never said I was a speed demon.

Now, if I could just get over this bug so I can enjoy a celebratory cigar. :c

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
Hey DRC,

Congrats on the auction. Looks like you have some great Partagas coming your way. Now you will have to figure out which one to celebrate with...... a nice problem to have!

Great job in the marathon. Hell, I get tired walking around the golf course. The thought of walking 26 plus miles, never mind running, would kill me.

Let us know how you like your new smokes.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Same thing drc, I need a smoke. Haven't had one in 9 days now, major head and sinus thingy. I too won a auction from Jack! The DC one. I did not run a marathon. I did sell my house after a week long 3 way bidding war, today! :w ....still can't have a celebratory cigar though. I'm too plugged! I need a smoke.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Dave,
A bidding war? That sounds good. So you got your asking price and then some? Hope so. I think my cold is finally easing up. I'm thinking I'll be ready to smoke again by the time Jack sends me my auction goodies.

Rick, thanks for smoking for us. Let me know what you smoked and how excellent it was so I can be properly and profoundly jealous.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
A real deal bidding war! Since the last post I had another interested buyer come by...even though my current deal is pretty much subject to inspection ( Iwrote in a deal killer clause, much to the dismay of all involved) just in case this scenario came up. And it has! An 11th hour squeaker. It is WILD! The house has been on the market 25 days now, but the last 7 has been going the way of one of pokers auctions! I'm smiling that is for sure. I'll know by 9 tonight how all this goes, I'll be @ work......but it is all good.

When I bought this dump it had been on the market for 3 months, 1996, but I saw something I guess everybody is seeing now. Location, location, location! Big money is surrounding my lot! A beautiful development is cropping up next door, in the 15 acre woods.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
After the 9 day drought, I had my smoke, a MC4 last night and it was wonderful! What a great way to break the smokeless spell. I'm Back!

No 11th hour deal on my house, but it encourages the current buyer to close as fast as possible when a a few other people are waiting in the wings.

My first offer was 5% less than the asking price, then after a few counters, I was getting asking price. Then a young couple about to have a baby came in met my 4 yr. old and saw all the kid oriented details (safety stuff) and started a real bidding war. ended up at 5% over the asking price. SuperHot market up here for entry level homes. I pertner doubled the amount I paid for it in 1996. I knew that Fisher Price Humidor would come in handy!:D

A big Thanks goes out to Alfred E. for that MC4! twas twangy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.