Cigar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you think... "Whoa, wrong forum, Bubba. This should be under Food, Wine & Drink," Read on...

(Nor is this an obessive mantra like k-hat's bannanacreampie thing...)

I really love garlic bread.

I usually make my own at home, and nothing beats a good Tuscan bread bruschetta served with my home-made 'sgetti sauce. One of my all-time favorites is a garlic bread and spaghetti sandwich. OR, dipping garlic bread in alfredo sauce.

But I found myself the other night passing up garlic bread that I had made.

Why???

Because the last time I had it, the garlic aftertaste really negatively affected the flavor of the Partagas Cifuentes Octubre I had after my meal. Therefore, I figured if it could ruin a cigar with real horsepower like that, I should just lay off the garlic bread if I want to enjoy an un-adulterated nightly smoke.

Ah... the sacrifices we make.

-Quixote

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Obsessive?

Mantra?

I've had people tell me, "You have an obsessive personality."

I replied, "I know, I cultivate them."

Iamveryfondofbananacreampie! :fu

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Ya know I've had the same experience with horseradish. I had prime rib for dinner and the horseradish totally overpowered the flavor of the medium bodied cigar.

Kami I like you suggestion........ stronger cigars :D

Oh and KHAT.......

·
Registered
949 Posts
Good addition Cookieboy.....

Lascivious thanks for the kick. I think an nice fuente anejo or a really nicely aged opus would do the trick. Oh! Oh! I got it. A Padron 1926 Anni that has been aged for a year.......

·
An ass, not a fish
4,476 Posts
Well, you could just try adding 2 cloves of garlic to the recipe instead of 200...... :confused:

I'm gonna ask it here too....who stole my nanners and reset my post number? 500+ posts of utter rubbish wasted.....now I have to come up with posts of substance....dang it all .... :gn

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
SeanGAR said:
I'm gonna ask it here too....who stole my nanners and reset my post number? 500+ posts of utter rubbish wasted.....now I have to come up with posts of substance....dang it all .... :gn
Wudn't me. At least you still got your gauge. I didn't know you could buy this one.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Quixote said:
Before you think... "Whoa, wrong forum, Bubba.......
-Quixote
I dont remember where I read that garlic is NO-NO before a cigar. I have been careful of this for the last few years. Of coarse, one of my cigar buddies loves a "garlic pizza" in town. How he can smoke any cigar after that I do not understand.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
The vampires will be happier too. If i eat spicy food it tends to make my taste buds go off for a while. The things we go through to enjoy our smoke... :w

·
Registered
904 Posts
Garlic smelly cigars Dill Pickles The secret to stayin single.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.