Cigar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Puff.com Editor & Writer
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We came upon a press release for a new cigar website called SheepCigars.com. They promise not to spam you, and not to try to sell you some lame house brand dog rocket.

That's great. However, the site leaves a lot to be desired.

More - Click Here

·
Puff.com Editor & Writer
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree except that I think you're being generous saying it is Web 2.0.

LOL.

Thanks for the response Reverend Mike.

·
Puff.com Editor & Writer
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:cool:Gotta love Pulp Fiction for that quote.
Diana! There you are. I was wondering where you went.

Actually, in Pulp Fiction, Uma Thurman (Mia) said, "I'll be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail." but that's close enough.

Both similar sayings are valid. I looked them up,

Thaks Diana for making me feel good about what I post.

·
One Shot
12,872 Posts
Yeah the site looks bad, the name is kinda funny (do we really want to talk about names LOL). Like the screen shot you showed some stuff is out of stock (they had some Pardon 26 in stock).

I did see some Pardon 26, Cabaiguan, illusione, J. Fuego, VSG, Tatuaje, and La Riqueza at some crazy low prices! They had some Rocky Patel OWR that said "ENTER YOUR PRICE!) whatever that means.

The problem i would have its the prices, they where so low that with this being a new site I would be scared to order for fear of getting ripped off one way or another. You know what they say "if its to good to be true" and some of the prices where for sure to good to be true!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
what it is is they are probably using a drop shipper...no overhead other than the website so the margins can be much thinner than what is normal...

·
Cigar Smoking Ninja
165 Posts
I read about them in a thread on another forum. I don't know if I'd trust them just yet. Has anyone out there tried to make a purchase from these guys?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
this came up on cigar stogie and i think it is a scam or a fake. had no inventory. see what you can learn from your new relatives?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I used to order my sticks over the internet frequently...but now I buy from one of three local stores. It feels good to give my business to the locals. I like to get hands on before I buy anyway!

·
Registered
577 Posts
This site reminds me of booyahcigars.com. These guys surfaced at Club Stogie and just got the living shit grilled out of them... then their site was down.
Zack suggested that these guys may be a drop shipper, but Illusione and Tatuaje aren't going to drop their product to anyone other than an authorized retailer. Sheep is also not direct with either of those companies and you can tell by the prices.

·
CigarFish
3,571 Posts
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAd

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe I am just a simple person but I really like the design of this site. Once they add pictures for the inventory and add some product descriptions the site *might* look pretty cool.

The name I do not like and the prices are too low for me to risk ordering anything.

·
Registered
352 Posts
This site reminds me of booyahcigars.com. These guys surfaced at Club Stogie and just got the living shit grilled out of them... then their site was down.
Zack suggested that these guys may be a drop shipper, but Illusione and Tatuaje aren't going to drop their product to anyone other than an authorized retailer. Sheep is also not direct with either of those companies and you can tell by the prices.
Very true. Anyone who buys my cigars from an unauthorized dealer is taking a chance. I don't, nor will not guarantee any of my cigars with regards to proper storage, shipping or authenticity that come from second-party sources.

Dion Giolito
illusione cigars

1 - 17 of 17 Posts