Cigar Forums banner

I killed a kindergartener Padron 2000 Natural

878 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  refill 
Re: I killed a kindergartener

DonVon said:
No it's not what you think. Well it was old enough to be a kindergartener... whaaat it was five years old!... okay fine I didn't kill a little kid, but I did kill an excellent cigar :D Mocobird was benevolent enough to send me two 5-year old Padron 2000 Naturalz! They were aged to perfection in the infamous Padron-A-Dor ( http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9855&page=1&pp=15 incase you were foolish enough to ask yourself what a Padron-A-Dor is ;) ) From my first glance I knew these puppies had some years on them. They were in their original (now yellowy) cellophane wrapper, and my initial whiff of the foot gave me a sweet developed scent. The strong manure scent of a fresh Padron had evolved to a light/settled flowery perfume. Construction (big surprise) perfect as usual, yet it was a lot firmer because of the age.

I had a Monte a while back that I thought was dried out (turns out it was nicely aged). I was guessing it would either be disgusting or really good. It was awesome so I guess I lucked out:).

Anyway back to the kindergartener. Same thing happened here. The cigar was really ridged, but from the look and smell I could tell it was not going to be a dried out crappy cigar. I sat in my car in a well-lit parking that I went to, so I could study outside the noise of my house. Lighting this Padron was superior to any other cigar I have lit before (partly from experience, but mostly because of the stick). Right from the very beginning I had a remarkably even/perfect temperature burn. I now understand what characteristics come with a well-aged stick. Not only was the burn and ash flawless (I'm not exaggerating it was extraordinary), but the cigar lasted longer than any other Padron 2000 I have ever had. I smoked it past the nub in about an hour and twenty minutes. The smoke was white, pillowy, soft, and extremely mild with traces of flavor. The ash clung on firmly as I was engulfed in a haze of wonderful blue smoke. The cigar had surrounded me with its scent, and even when I drew smoke, it was so soft/mild that I could have inhaled it if I wanted to (I didn't, my palate jealousy horded all the smoke to itself). I only wish I had pictures to share, but alas I was not home. It was a sad thing to see finish, but thanx to Gary I have another one (which I will save for a special occasion) to look forward to. Thank you so much for a great cigar smoking experience. You have given me the privilege of smoking a cigar that had a great upbringing. This was an awesome third bomb, I can't believe the generosity of this board. It takes a lot of hard work to get a child old enough for kindergarten (did you change its manurie diaper Gary, I know you did!) My counterattack missiles will be launched soon, and I plan to blow $hit UP. Thanx for reading.
As I pull them one by one off the slippery slope and show them the beautiful valley that lies below.
Another satisfied customer from the Padron-a-Dor...................... :w

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.