Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just entered the "online box buying" game. Based on recommendations received last month when I started here, I needed a box of something mild-medium, decent quality, enjoyable and inexpensive, for myself and for visitors.

I went with a bundle of Flor de Oliva Natural Toros - 25 for $25.95 from smokeall.

I then ventured out on my own, after using the search function on here, to find something that would hopefully give my ass a good kick and allow me to feel a quality buzz in an overall decent smoke. Again, something inexpensive but w/ good reviews. I also searched at top25cigar.

I ended up choosing a box of 20 Joya De Nicaragua Antano Belicosos - on sale at smokeall for $59.95.

So overall w/ shipping, I'm getting 45 recommended cigars for roughly $2.05 per. Not a bad deal in my opinion. This will keep me solid for quite some time, and allow me to heed some advice for not overspending on Pinar 3000s.

So I wanted to thank everyone for their advice and recommendations, including pointing me towards smokeall. Much appreciation. I'll let you know how my first JdN Antano goes.

·
Enjoying life...
4,742 Posts
Let me know how those Flor de Oliva Natural Toros are. I've been considering those as well. A few of the Gorillas have been recommending those for everyday smokes. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff said:
Let me know how those Flor de Oliva Natural Toros are. I've been considering those as well. A few of the Gorillas have been recommending those for everyday smokes. :)
Yeah, that's why I decided to buy them. You know what they say "Hundreds of Gorillas can't be wrong". I'll post some feedback on them.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Some of the gorillas steered me in the direction of FDOs and ever since, I've been hooked. I have yet to have a bad experience with one. I especially like the FDO Torpedoes, but I have a couple of Toros as well.

·
Yeah, yeah... It's me...
958 Posts
Steeltown said:
I just entered the "online box buying" game. Based on recommendations received last month when I started here, I needed a box of something mild-medium, decent quality, enjoyable and inexpensive, for myself and for visitors.

I went with a bundle of Flor de Oliva Natural Toros - 25 for $25.95 from smokeall.

I then ventured out on my own, after using the search function on here, to find something that would hopefully give my ass a good kick and allow me to feel a quality buzz in an overall decent smoke. Again, something inexpensive but w/ good reviews. I also searched at top25cigar.

I ended up choosing a box of 20 Joya De Nicaragua Antano Belicosos - on sale at smokeall for $59.95.

So overall w/ shipping, I'm getting 45 recommended cigars for roughly $2.05 per. Not a bad deal in my opinion. This will keep me solid for quite some time, and allow me to heed some advice for not overspending on Pinar 3000s.

So I wanted to thank everyone for their advice and recommendations, including pointing me towards smokeall. Much appreciation. I'll let you know how my first JdN Antano goes.
I can't tell from your post if you are simply new to online purchasing or also new to cigars... the Flor de Olivas are all good everyday smokes at a very reasonable price and I highly recommend them... but if your are a relatively new cigar smoker you may want to go easy on the JdNAs... they are a very good smoke but powerful... not to be smoked on an empty stomach...if you are an experienced smoker you will enjoy them...

As far as your online purchasing be sure and check out these sites which are very popular with most of us here...

www.jrcigars.com
www.cigarsinternational.com
www.cigarbid.com

·
Registered
691 Posts
I picked up a bundle of the FDO ChurchHills for $29.95. They seem to be a good smoke with a nice fairly even burn (2 down 23 to go :D ).

I also like the JdN Antano, however as GOD says go easy on them. My rule is after lunch or dinner only not for the faint of heart but a great smoke IMHO.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
God said:
I can't tell from your post if you are simply new to online purchasing or also new to cigars... the Flor de Olivas are all good everyday smokes at a very reasonable price and I highly recommend them... but if your are a relatively new cigar smoker you may want to go easy on the JdNAs... they are a very good smoke but powerful... not to be smoked on an empty stomach...if you are an experienced smoker you will enjoy them...

As far as your online purchasing be sure and check out these sites which are very popular with most of us here...

www.jrcigars.com
www.cigarsinternational.com
www.cigarbid.com
Well I guess new to both (relatively speaking). That was my first online purchase, and I've only smoked about 25 - 30 cigars to date, spread out over the past 2 years.

I have heard about the wallop that those JdNAs pack - my reason for looking for those is I've only had about 2 really fine buzzes off of cigars, both coming off of Pinar 3000s (have yet to try ISOM). So I wanted something that was a decent quality smoke and would give me that buzz. I'm sure the JdNA buzz is different, I'm just experimenting w/ things to figure out what I like. I will make sure I've got a solid meal in me. And thanks also for those links - I like to get the best deal I can find, so I'm sure I'll be looking into those sites more. Thanks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DsrtDog said:
I picked up a bundle of the FDO ChurchHills for $29.95. They seem to be a good smoke with a nice fairly even burn (2 down 23 to go :D ).

I also like the JdN Antano, however as GOD says go easy on them. My rule is after lunch or dinner only not for the faint of heart but a great smoke IMHO.
Yea, after lunch - hopefully Saturday afternoon. I'll let you know how I hold up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.