Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on a new construction of a hospital this month installing the lockers. I walked into a room this morning and saw a guy doing the casework (cabinets, countertop,etc). Well he's wearing a Cohiba Cigar type logo shirt. I started talking to him and come to find out he and his wife own John Hay Cigar Co out of Reading Pa.
After talking for awhile he told me he developed a humidifier called Cigar Crystals and brought me in a bottle which will do about 150 cigars. You don't need to add water for 4-6 months and keeps the % @ 68. That was cool of him. He said he's talked to Viper and sells the Heartfelt Beads at his stores or has sold them in the past. Tomorrow he's going to bring me some samples of his cigars. What a nice guy.
He said he might have time to sign on here tonight and his handle will be either John Hay Cigars or JHC. He does alot of chat at Cbid. Imagine working construction and owning a cigar company.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be really cool.

Where is he located in Reading? I work in town and would love to swing bye his store sometime.
I'm not sure as I live in Bangor but he's got a John Hay website if you want to look into it more. He and his wife own it. He's a busy guy. He said last weekend he was at a cigar convention and this weekend he's flying to Chicago to herf with some friends.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the homepage http://www.johnhaycigars.com/
He has an advertisement banner on www.eherf.com which he told me about. He said he had flavored cigarsbut also added he was very proud of the Ambassador series Brazilian Maduro. I can't wait for the samples tomorrow.
He mentioned about sponsoring a racecar which I forgot and the humidification gel is advertised on the website as well.

I see he also has Viper's beads advertised on the website.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw Dave first thing this morning and he gave me some samples which I'll let rest and try later. He said he was too busy last night to log in but will try tonight. We talked and he'll introduce himself in the noobie section. He seems like a hell of a nice guy. Looking forward to see him here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone. This is Lauren (David's wife). I just wanted to stop in and say hello. David should be on later today. He is still recooperating from having to do manual labor (he normally has a desk job).

Thanks Beezer for the kind words. I hope you enjoy the cigars and the cigar crystals.

Waldo, the company is now based out of our house in Coatesville, PA but it originated in Reading. We don't have a store front at this point---mainly internet sales and distributors. There are a bunch of places in Reading that carry them though.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi everyone. This is Lauren (David's wife). I just wanted to stop in and say hello. David should be on later today. He is still recooperating from having to do manual labor (he normally has a desk job).

Thanks Beezer for the kind words. I hope you enjoy the cigars and the cigar crystals.

Waldo, the company is now based out of our house in Coatesville, PA but it originated in Reading. We don't have a store front at this point---mainly internet sales and distributors. There are a bunch of places in Reading that carry them though.
Hi Lauren. I saw pictures of you on your website last night. I'm surprised to see you posting here. There are several women here. Dave is a standup guy. He treated me very well. This site has many members and I really think you and Dave will enjoy it. I'm going to have to keep an eye on your posts in regards to herfs close by. Hopefully someday I'll meet you in person as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know how much I will be here but I wanted to come and say hi.

I of course think he is a great guy but I guess I am a little biased. I am happy to hear that he treated you well. That is my influence. LOL. Just kidding.

David just told me the comment you made to him this morning about me being taller than him. That is funny.

We just had our annual party at the beginning of September. I don't know if we will have another one before next September but if you want to travel to Oxford, you can always join us the 2nd Wednesday of the month at the Octoraro Hotel.

And then there is always the Reading Sports Show in January.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello everybody. Thanks for the warm welcome. As you can see the wife...I mean my betterhalf is usually right behind me. Well in this case in front of me. She likes to keep an eye on me so watch what you say. I get myself in enough trouble.
We are meeting Bobby and Billy Gerhart this Sunday at his race car garage in Lebanon. He is #2 in points standings in the NASCAR Arca series racing. We are his newest associate sponser. We will be on the car for next week's race in Taledago.(sp?) It should be a pretty exciting visit. I know my son will love it.
We also just sponsered a car for Stock car Racing Experiance at Pocono Raceway. We out on the track this week.
Dave:z

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Good Post I look forward to the first John Hay CS special offer like to try a fiver of the flavored cigars

·
Registered
912 Posts
If you do any event in or around coatsville let me know. I guess im one of the lucky few that get to work in Reading and visit Phoenixvelle/Spring City/Royersford fairly often :D

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Welcome! Will be certain to check out the website. :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I smoked the maduro you gave me yesterday Dave and that was a fine cigar. It was the best of the 4 but I remember you especially telling me you were very proud of that one. Good job.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.