Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
-
11,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will boggle your mind...Take your time and follow the instructions.
After reading each window click on the boy in the lower right corner.
In the last window type in your numbers in the white box .
You will be amazed and awed and dumbfounded.....and no, I don't know how it's done..

Click here: http://digicc.com/fido

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
DOH!! I added wrong!! LMAO!! When I did it a second time with the same numbers he got it right!!

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
It seems as though the resultant answers always have a distinct combination of numbers using this method. Therefore, with the given 2 or 3 digits of the answer, it is possible to decipher the remaining digit based on the given numbers.

I was trying to come up with some type of algebraic proof, but I don't think it's possible. You just have to perform the calculations to come up with all of the possible combinations.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Hey I'm chomping on the bit to the bragging rights on this one......I'll probably spill the beans before we hit the road tomorrow for a little summer vacation.....or drop a few hints anyway.....we noticed a pattern when we entered 11, then, 111, then, 1111, then, 11111.....integers have a unique charaterestic about them, 1 thru 9 anyway. It is very similar to the magic genie game on here a little while back.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Matt R said:
DOH!! I added wrong!! LMAO!! When I did it a second time with the same numbers he got it right!!
ROTFLAUUUUUUU Matt

Man I don't know how the H-E double hockey sticks he does that but it is cool. Thanks Greg

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
relaxnsmoke said:
Hey I'm chomping on the bit to the bragging rights on this one......I'll probably spill the beans before we hit the road tomorrow for a little summer vacation.....or drop a few hints anyway.....we noticed a pattern when we entered 11, then, 111, then, 1111, then, 11111.....integers have a unique charaterestic about them, 1 thru 9 anyway. It is very similar to the magic genie game on here a little while back.
Hey share some more........is your brother a math genius. i hate math, so I couldn't figure this out if I tried.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
He's a numbers man, my brother, here goes......
The trick is based on the mathematical oddity that the integers 1 through 9, when added up, are divisible by 9, therefore making all numbers of a jumbled numerical combination predictable based on which integers are revealed. The program only needs to add a number to the numbers you have entered so that the sum is divisible by 9 in order to come up with the right number. So... say the digits come up....3-2-5.....8 would be the circled number. Because 18 is divisible by 9. Now go out and drive people crazy! :D :z :w

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.