Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy,
i have a hygroset II that is about 5 years old. the past month the humidity reading as been going up and up. i tried recalibrating with the salt method and it would it around 82. then i left it out on the table and the ambient temperature went to about 75 and then i pressed the calibration button. the next day it was back up in the hight 80's......then went to the low 90's and now it is just stuck on 99% and won't move.

i'm wondering if this might be an indication of a battery going dead, or if the entire humistat has just gone bad and i need to just get a new one.
thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
howdy,
i have a hygroset II that is about 5 years old. the past month the humidity reading as been going up and up. i tried recalibrating with the salt method and it would it around 82. then i left it out on the table and the ambient temperature went to about 75 and then i pressed the calibration button. the next day it was back up in the hight 80's......then went to the low 90's and now it is just stuck on 99% and won't move.

i'm wondering if this might be an indication of a battery going dead, or if the entire humistat has just gone bad and i need to just get a new one.
thanks!
found a spare battery. was organizing a box of old nails/fasteners/screws/etc and suddenly in the middle i find the exact battery. not sure how it got there. i popped it in and it did the same thing so it looks like the unit has gone bad.
amazon has a new one for $18. seems kinda expensive. i think i paid $7 for it.....but then the price of everything/everywhere has gone up 25%-49$. crazy.

·
Super Moderator
8,455 Posts
Could be the replacement battery is low too. Or, as you say, the unit may simply be done for.

I'd spend a few dollars more for a Caliber IV, or find a something cheaper than that puck (paging @UBC03 - I've seen him suggest some bargain hygrometers that he likes, but I don't remember what they are).

·
Super Moderator
17,224 Posts
Accurites from Walmart. If they're +/- one or 2 just tape the no biggie. If it's off a bunch, they'll take em back. Till you get a good one. I've never had to take one back yet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bird-Dog
1 - 5 of 5 Posts