Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard on the news that gas in South Carolina jumped to over $5 a gallon today because of Hurricane Ike.

Someone should be doing some serious investigating why since the storm hasn't done any physical damage to any of the refineries at this time.

· Elder Jungle Leader
5,086 Posts
If it wasn't so infuriating it would be amusing... jerks!

Last week, two stations on one street jumped up 50 cents anticipating trouble with Hanna. One station between them never raised prices... and they were the only one that sold gas for a couple of days. The other two finally dropped their price back as well. The whole episode just irritated me. :gn

· Registered
2,303 Posts
Just heard on the news that gas in South Carolina jumped to over $5 a gallon today because of Hurricane Ike.

Someone should be doing some serious investigating why since the storm hasn't done any physical damage to any of the refineries at this time.
No damage yet, but Houston is already shutting them down to avoid damage.

· Registered
2,110 Posts
People here are insane. Gas stations are running out of fuel and the stations just keep hiking up the prices. Stations here vary from 3.79 to 4.99 when yesterday they varied from 3.51-3.65. People here are acting as if we will run out of fuel and it will be like Mad Maxx. I really question the intelligence of everyone running out to the gas stations.

· Being Committed
1,867 Posts
People here are insane. Gas stations are running out of fuel and the stations just keep hiking up the prices. Stations here vary from 3.79 to 4.99 when yesterday they varied from 3.51-3.65. People here are acting as if we will run out of fuel and it will be like Mad Maxx. I really question the intelligence of everyone running out to the gas stations.
:tpd:

· Registered
1,169 Posts
Where I'm at in Illinois gas went from 3.89 this morning to about 4.19 this afternoon. Their saying on the radio up here that it might go up .50 to .75 cents by monday.

· Banned
308 Posts
So far it has jumped from 3.54 at 8 am this morning to 3.89 at noon and currently at 3.83....

The guys at my local said they were already notified to expect $5+ before noon tomorrow

· Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just heard a good one...

"This price of gas is going up because the companies have to raise money to pay for damage repairs."

I guess they don't want to touch any of their profits or insurance to make repairs.

· Pipe Smoker
1,336 Posts
5.01 here in south bend.
Thanfully i filled up at 3.89 nd they are talking on the local news about rationing gas here in indiana

· Registered
427 Posts
:tpd::tpd::tpd:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.