Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· Misplaced
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather man is already looking into the sea at Ike. Looks pretty nasty at this point. Looks like we are getting bombarded with combo hurricane's this season...and who was the genious that decided to name this Ike only a month after Isaac Hayes death? See?! He's come back! In the shape of a frickin' HURRICANE! :D

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t4/loop-vis.html

· Ask me why I dinged Black
10,377 Posts
Hurricane preparedness is no joke.

I already roasted several pounds of coffee in advance of the storm, purchased some extra Half&Half and, when the time is right, I'll pregrind before the electrical power drops. Other than that - I suppose I should put some water in the tub (I have a well) so I can make coffee if the power drops.

I have plenty of cigars and the pipe cellar is well stocked.

· Hasta La Vista!!!
7,827 Posts
Ike is going to be ugly, unless it gets chopped up by the mountains of eastern Cuba.
This is yet another threat on the gulf that started out as a threat against Florida.
Who knows where it will land.

· Registered
4,056 Posts
Hurricane preparedness is no joke.

I already roasted several pounds of coffee in advance of the storm, purchased some extra Half&Half and, when the time is right, I'll pregrind before the electrical power drops. Other than that - I suppose I should put some water in the tub (I have a well) so I can make coffee if the power drops.

I have plenty of cigars and the pipe cellar is well stocked.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang man, you're my kinda coffee drinker!! Much repsect.

I don't do all the roasting and grinding and stuff, but I'll usually make an extra pot if I think the hurricane may come near us. Only had to make an extra pot once in the last 26 years.......May be different with Ike :mad:

· Ask me why I dinged Black
10,377 Posts
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang man, you're my kinda coffee drinker!! Much repsect.

I don't do all the roasting and grinding and stuff, but I'll usually make an extra pot if I think the hurricane may come near us. Only had to make an extra pot once in the last 26 years.......May be different with Ike :mad:
Comprendo. I'm sitting here on the slow side watching Hanna ease by right now - rain is barely sideways, no account. It's not hard to make light of a storm when it doesn't kill someone or rip your house up. I wasn't laughing after Floyd blew thru - n'yuh uh. Here's hoping Ike isn't a catastrophe down there.

· Misplaced
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
frickin' Louisiana is like a magnet for those things!:gn

· Misplaced
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gimmie an f'n break!
I still don't have power. :confused:
is it like that throughout the parish? My dad invested in a generator. I'm glad he did.

· Registered
203 Posts
i prepped yesterday. I'm up on gas, food, and exercised the sutter bolts on my house and put new grease in some of them

I'll be listening to the games on the patio blowing all my smoke and farting in a southerly direction to keep that monster away from Florida.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.