Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new humi. Has anyone ever bought one off of cigar bid? Any input would be appreciated. Any other suggestions as well. I'm looking to spend no more than $140.

·
Big Young Ape
117 Posts
I got a Large savoy(ASHTON) humidor for christmas and is is very well made.My local shop sold it to my wife for 110.00 but i have seen them online for 90.00.They make a extra large one but you know what they say about hindsite....Anyways it is a very quality piece.Mine is the black lacquer one.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MM2(SW)S said:
Just build a coolerdor, youll have more room and more money to spend on the smokes, Just my opinon. :al :w
I have a small humidor now and a big tupperdor but I'd like to have a nice house for my smokes. As far as saving the money for smokes goes it's actually going to be a gift from a girlfriend. :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
I bought one from cigarbid.com last year. It works nice. I use it to keep my everyday cigars in. Glass top, holds about 150. No complaints.

Grinch OUT!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I second the Savoy recommendation. My wife got me the large glass top desktop humidor two years ago. (I've since moved on to a large cabinet.) The Savoy is really nicely made and very attractive. You can tell how well sealed it is when you drop the lid: no noise.

Definitely think big. You're on this site, so you're bound to be addicted to cigar collecting in the future if you aren't already. A few hundred bucks will get you a nice Antietam cabinet from Bargain Humidors. Not sure if that's in the budget, but it's a great value and you won't outgrow it quite as quickly as you will a smaller humi like the Savoy.

jamminison said:
I got a Large savoy(ASHTON) humidor for christmas and is is very well made.My local shop sold it to my wife for 110.00 but i have seen them online for 90.00.They make a extra large one but you know what they say about hindsite....Anyways it is a very quality piece.Mine is the black lacquer one.

·
Registered
223 Posts
magno said:
A few hundred bucks will get you a nice Antietam cabinet from Bargain Humidors. Not sure if that's in the budget, but it's a great value and you won't outgrow it quite as quickly as you will a smaller humi like the Savoy.
Do you have an Antietam or have you seen one? I was wondering how well made they are. In particular, how flimsy the unit felt, how well it sealed and how cheap the finish looked. I've been afraid that it would end up looking like cheap furniture bought from Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have the Manassas -- the larger cabinet-- and it is quite nice looking. Definitely better looking than you'd expect for the price, and certainly better than a Walmart piece. If you'd like, I'll snap a photo of it later. (I have to go out now)

The Dutch said:
Do you have an Antietam or have you seen one? I was wondering how well made they are. In particular, how flimsy the unit felt, how well it sealed and how cheap the finish looked. I've been afraid that it would end up looking like cheap furniture bought from Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
223 Posts
magno said:
I have the Manassas -- the larger cabinet-- and it is quite nice looking. Definitely better looking than you'd expect for the price, and certainly better than a Walmart piece. If you'd like, I'll snap a photo of it later. (I have to go out now)
Mango, a pic would be fantastic. Does it seal well?
Also, how many boxes do you think will fit into the unit?
I'm thinking about another large humidor and would be interested
in either one of these if they're worth it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Does it seal well? Yeah, it seems to. The first one I got was a bit defective with a warped door. But to tell the truth, with the active Oasis Plus humidifier, it doesn't reallly matter. The humidity level I selected never moved except when I opened the door. Temperature has also remained aconstant 68-70 degrees, even in my house that I often have the heat cranked up to 85!!! Pretty impressive. But for the 5 or 600 bucks I paid, I wanted an unwarped door.
Bargain Humidors was quick with a replacement.The new one seems quite tight -- it certainly doesn't move when I push it, and it's magnetized in two places. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I can't seem to get them to pick up the defective one. After a couple of trys at getting FedEx to show up and grab it off my porch to no avail, I'm tempted to just keep it....or sell it. They're nice over at Bargain humidors, but they aren't terribly with it all the time. I mean, they certainly don't seem to care about their humidor sitting on my porch in the box, waiting to leave for over a month, now. Even after emails and phone calls...very strange. Not sure what to do, really.

Photo will be posted either tonight or tomorrow. Wish I could do it sooner, but.....

The Dutch said:

·
Registered
579 Posts
oh, yeah, the capacity question.....

I think you could fit as many as 40 boxes in there depending on their dimensions. Plus, you have two drawers in which you could probably store 2-300 cigars each if you stacked em.

The Dutch said:

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I'm telling you guys.....there are wine chiller fridges all over the country that don't work. It was the easiest humidor I ever set up & the seal is beautifully tight.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Those are some really beautiful humidors. If I wasn't such a cheap ass I'd pick one up. But I am, so I use coolerdors. I have a couple of nice 150 count humidors but I don't use them to really store much. Just put in a dozen or two cigars for quick access in those.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Nice looking humi Magno but looks like you need to start filling that thing up... ;)

I use two cooler dors for my humi's but want something that looks better (wife doesn't like the coolers sitting around).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.