Cigar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was over a buddies house wed. night (as usual). And he lit up a cigar which he had never had before but it tasted awful, I tried too. Anyway he lit up another and another all different but new to him. all three cigars had the same taste so I had him lite a favorite of both of ours (padron 2000 maduro) and again the same experience.
I think his humidity may be a little high but don't know for sure as he still only uses an analog hygro and floral foam, but the cigars were not too spongy and had a fine draw.
I am wondering what could cause this awful taste that I would describe as a sour taste, actually they tasted like a gym sock smells.
there was no sign of mold on any cigar or even the floral element when i pulled it apart.
I had him open the humi to lower rh and air it out for a few hours but he wants to know what caused the problem and if there is any hope for the remaining smokes. any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
[I have the same setup and Ive had it for 2 or three years. I use glacier mist ultra pure distilled water. It cost me 2.79 for a 16 oz bottle. Ive never had a problem. The bottle last me about a year. I also dont use the 50/50 solution it will clog up the floral foam. If you did use a 50/50 solution clean the floral foam with distilled water and it should be ok.Go to www.cigaradvisor.com and you can find some help there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.