Cigar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set up a small travel humi' that holds 5 double coronas, and I have checked the hygrometer and it's accurate, but with a brand new drymistat tube inside, after a week it's only showing 52% humidity. I've followed all the directions that came with the Drymistat, am I doing something wrong, or does it just take this long for a new wooden humi' to season?

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
It could be that your humi still needs more time to season. Have you checked it to make sure it seals well? An easy way to do this is to put a small flashlight inside and see if you can see any light coming thru the cracks. If the humi doesn't seal well, it will never hold the rh you want. If it was a brand new wooden humi, I wouldn't be surprised if it just needed more time. Give it at least another week before you panic! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems to be finally coming around, after setting at 50-52% for a week, now in the last 24 hours it's gone from 52% up to 58% overnight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.