Cigar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pickin a Winner!
1,193 Posts
I don't think it is at all over-rated, but it is not the greatest Cuban cigar of all time. At least not for everyone. I think it's huge popularity is based on it's cache' and it's mild, approachable style. It is stronger than most NC cigars, but is not going to knock anyone's socks off. I find wonderful hints of cinnamon in the smoke every time I fire one up. I always have a box on hand, but never stock up as I think they lose some of their more pleasant nuances over time. But it is in my top 5 smokes of all time, if that helps.

So for the curious, the next logical step is Monte #2, HDM DC, Boli PC, Boli RC and Partagas Short.

·
Bull Goose Gorilla
796 Posts
I have never really cared for the Hoyo DC. I have had a couple of decent ones, but not one of my favorites. As a matter of fact I don't think much of most Cuban DC's. I split a cab of 02 SLR's that had some ooomph. I have never had a good Lusitania and most Punch DC's have been bland for quite a few years now. Most DC's, in my experience. are just too mild and even bland. I'll take a good PC any day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts