Cigar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen bits and pieces I can use but how do you guys normally justify all your purchases to your significant others? My chica is pretty wise and telling her I'm just holding a few for a friend just won't do it. Any suggestions?
SB

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
1) get a humidor with a lock, so she cant see in.
2) have orders shipped to work or friends house
3) create slush fund she dosent know about to pay for #2
4) rinse & repeat weekly.:D

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
606 Posts
The wife and I negotiate my cigar budget yearly and I spend only what is budgeted. I have a separate checking account (w/visa) that she deposits money into on a quaterly basis.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
I guess I have to paraphrase Hunter S. Thompson again,

"I don't advocate Stealing, Lying and Cheating, but it seems to work for me"! :r

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
poker said:
4) rinse & repeat weekly.:D
....but then again, I'm divorced so wtf do I know :r

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
get your signifigant other into cigars... every now & then when you order cigars order them a box as a suprise... so, right when your opening the box and she's giving you that evil eye you can pull it out and hand it to her... works every time...

at the rate I smoke vs. the rate that she smokes I only have to do this about every 6 weeks... or every 3 orders

also, she loves taking trips to the cigar shop... buy a handful of singles for myself & let her look around a try a few to take home...

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Originally posted by poker
4) rinse & repeat weekly.

5) Get used to paying cash. Have friends buy the boxes for you & pay them in cash.
6) Get one of your best mild & well aged cigars (preferably one with a very light finish) and have your significant other try it. While they may not like it, they might at least appreciate what it has to offer.

MoTheMan

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
My wife and I have an agreement....

She doesn't complain about my cigar purchases and I don't complain about her purchases of tennis equipment, tennis club dues and tennis clothes... plus I won't tell anyone her hair has turned totally silver-gray and that she puts a light brown rinse on it every two weeks. :D

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Everything I needed to know...

So, this is what I've gathered so far:

1) Deceivery
2) Trickery
3) Bribery
4) Extortion
5) Moochery
and finally, my favorite
6) Crying like a little girl.

You guys are alright.:w :w :w
SB

PS: I have used every one of those tricks so far!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Start a cigar website, get a few cigars sent to you by manufacturers, eventually she will think all cigars coming in the house are gifts from manufacturers or advertisers making payments in cigars!;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts