Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 81+

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wandered what is the average age of all the cigar smokers around here. I figure I'm pretty young at 23 but there are probably some younger.

Also, how did everyone get into cigars?

I started in college with my roommate just out of sheer boredom. We were living in the dorms and there was this great cigar shop near campus called Bogie's Stogies that we drove past all the time. One day we decided to go inside and check it out and buy a few sticks even though we had no idea what we were doing.

Later that night we smoked our new found treasures in our dorm room (we were on a smoking floor) much to the dismay of the rest of the people on my floor.

We smoked off and on after that but really couldn't keep up the habit due to a lack of money. I just recently started back up and am slowly building up my supply of cigars. It is great fun!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll be 42 the 23rd.

I started when a friend gave me one, that was it.

Jim

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I am 47!

Started smoking cigars after a trip to Montreal where I smoked some cigars of the ISOM variety and haven't stopped stopped smoking cigars since... :D

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I am 26.

Just recently started smoking hand-rolled. Never had a real ISOM, but i live in So. Dak., only a 5-6 hr drive to our neighbors to the north. Hmm, there might be a possible vacation in my near future. Better get it done soon b4 the winter sets in though.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quixote said:
BLESS YOU, KC for including 35 in the 3rd age bracket. Most things like that I'm in the 4th or 5th brackets.

-Q
No problem, anything to make you old guys feel better! :D

I'm glad to see there hasn't been anyone check the 0-17 age yet, I always hated it when those 4th graders were smoking ISOMs on the bus. ;)

·
-
11,412 Posts
i'll be 34 this late september.

had my first half-way decent cigar a few years back in germany. my boss handed me a macanudo maduro... wasn't bad (little did i know). i then did the cigarbid thing for a few months... stocked up on dog rockets, y'know. had a few cubans and that is all she wrote. :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
:cool: 42, in human years, started cigars seriously 3 years ago when i sold my business and needed something to do with all my free time and money other than Golf and throwing dollars bills :al :D .

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
I'll be 49 on the 19th of August. I fully intend to live to be 106 years of age. That's my goal anyway.
My cigar smoking story is on another thread, but have been smoking cigars about 4-5 years.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Old fart here... 37 or so, I think. I forgot to keep track after I turned 23...

·
Registered
186 Posts
33 years young, a friend handed me a sampling of premium hand made cigars, and threw out the swisher sweets and was hooked. :w

·
Registered
672 Posts
A few years ago I had a nightmare that I was 30. To make a long story short. Im 30. (And still going strong! :))

The first cuban cigar I smoked was a Partagas Parisianos back in 1994 (or something like that.).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just turned 19 on Monday (aug 2). Smoked a cigar with my grandfather to celebrate...one of those perdomos reviewed on the main top25 page in fact. Started smoking cigars about 3 months ago....and hooked already.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.