Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question came to me after reading some of the answers at the "band on band off thread" ¿what happens if you are seen in public smoking a cuban cigar? Is it that bad that they might call the police or something like that? Im asking since i frequently go to the U.S. (My girlfriend lives there) and always bring at least 3 or 4 cigars with me, but never had thought of it. She lives in the border so usually we spend more time over here in Mexico, but when we visit her family we go more to the North (Palm Desert CA.) so that is when I think it might be more trouble if am seen in public (at a bar, cigar shop, etc...) Thanks.

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
I wouldnt worry about it. there arent enough people that know weather or not it is cuban and most dont care. You wont have a problem at all.

·
Pickin a Winner!
1,193 Posts
Lil' late to worry about THAT, ain't it Willy?

-------edit------
But I don't think any law offical is out scanning bars for bands. It is always the mouth that gets people in trouble. If you are out to smoke it and not show it, I can't imagine anyone but a sympathetic nose would even ask what kind it was.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Willey, just tell em it's really a large joint, California who cares

·
Silverback
2,656 Posts
:r very funny :D
miketafc said:
Willey, just tell em it's really a large joint, California who cares

·
-
11,412 Posts
if the band is off, and they ask if it's a cuban cigar, just tell them it's a cheap bundle cigar you got from JRs.

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
If you send them all to me; i can relace all the bands and send them back. the shape, color, and or taste and quality may change 'slightly'; but this is typical with band swapping, and should be ignored ! :D

·
Registered
691 Posts
hollywood said:
If you send them all to me; i can relace all the bands and send them back. the shape, color, and or taste and quality may change 'slightly'; but this is typical with band swapping, and should be ignored ! :D
Hollywood...You beat me to the punch :tpd:

Willy, Most people here don't even want to look at each other...We all are hiding secrets :cool:

Really though, you shouldn't worry about it.

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok guys i didnt really thought it would cause a problem, i was just was wondering :D. Anyway thanks now i can feel safe when smoking habanos on the U.S. and not jump and hide when i hear a Cop Car Siren :D :r

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
WillyGT said:
Ok guys i didnt really thought it would cause a problem, i was just was wondering :D. Anyway thanks now i can feel safe when smoking habanos on the U.S. and not jump and hide when i hear a Cop Car Siren :D :r
It's all just fun and games Willy!! Light them up and enjoy. You'll not have any issues! :w

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Are you a US citizen or permanent resident alien?? If so, watch out, the black helicopters are always watching....

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
None of em. i am a complete Alien :confused:. I am Mexican but my girlfriend is a permanent resident (in process of becoming U.S.citizen), so i am up there alot.

and i dont worry about those helicopters we always smoke under our camouflaged tent where we have the "other stuff" :confused: . Damn i said too much better get ready for em :gn :D haha.

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
BTW,
If you're a froeign national coming into the US, it'll all depend on the US Customs at the border and if they're being very stringent on reinforcing the embargo. Technically speaking, a foreign national should be able to bring in & indulge in Cuban cigars so long as it doesn't appear that they woll be selling or profiting in any way by bringing them; but I have heard of US Customs confiscating Havanas from foreign nationals, although no fine or warning was subsequently given.
Just FYI.

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, thanks Mo, good to know the Technical info just in case is ever needed. hope i dont deal with a very strict U.S. Customs Officer.

·
Skeeter's Confidant
7,197 Posts
SeanGAR said:
Depends.....you gonna share? :r
I'd tell on you,unless of course you had one of those fine sticks for me. What do you call that? Black mail? Nah that doesn't work I'm a white male.. never mind then,enjoy the damn cigar Carlos.. :r

1 - 20 of 23 Posts