Cigar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
-=A Smoking Poet=-
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think a butane torch is the best for the following reasons:

a) It lights evenly (almost like you cook the cigar)
b) No bad taste (like you get sometimes using a flint *zippo*)
c) It looks cooler (even though matches are pretty badass)
d) It is reliable in bad weather

I like my butane so much I decided to share some webcam pics :) I really need to get a digital camera :mad:

-Von

·
Registered
727 Posts
It depends on what I feel like at the time. Typically, I will start out with a match, and use my vector for corrections. If I am outside, and it is windy, I will stick with the vector. BTW, we have had a few threads of this nature started already.

·
Funky Monkey
1,067 Posts
I use a Zippo. I have never experienced any bad taste, and it has proven to be reliable. never has failed me. I do want to get a torch since it might come handy in windy days, or to light up cigars with bigger RG.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
I have been using wooden matches....do any of you have a suggestion for a lighter that doesn't have any effect on taste? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I guess, I use about anything I can get my hands on. zippos, torch, matches ...for the most part as long as I can get it lit I'm happy.
I like my cheap $9 torch lighters the best because I smoke a lot of larger RG cigars and I don't have as much of a problem with poor burn.

I think most people that say their cigar didn't burn right didn't light it correct in the first place. Usually it's not the cigars fault rather the smokers.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
If I'm trying something for the first time, I'll use a long fireplace match... or two. If I'm outside grilling, I'll smoke one of the few cigars I'm familiar with and I'll use a torch lighter. Still haven't got the hang of them yet...keep searing the foot something awful.

FWIW.

Scott"justcallmeflash"M

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
GAWD DAMN MATT......looks like that should be used for creme brule not lighting cigars.....LOL

I have 2 butane lighters....I toast the foot with the lighter, then light the cigar with a match. Any corrections and purges are done with the lighters.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello

I use a Zippo most times. I hold the cigar over the flame and turn and puff. Only takes a few puffs and it's lit. I've never felt it left an after taste; unlike some things.

I have the regular Zippo and the ZPlus Insert in another Zippo case.

I do not like the smell of the cigar burning when using a torch, but the torch does work great when it's breezy outside.

Happy :w

L

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.