Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a box dated Nov 03 and I wanted to know if any body has had any experience with fresh monte 2's lately. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
All of the 02 and 03 Monte 2s that I've smoked fresh have been excellent. They will go through the sick period eventually which is why you must be willing to lay them down for three-four monts after the sick period starts. Once it starts expose them to as much oxygen as possibe as that speed up the fermentation process to eliminate the ammonia smell and taste more rapidly. Take them out of the box and lay them in your humi.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mcgoospot. Just wanted to make sure the new ones would be worth my time, I tried a couple 01 last week and they seemed to be devoid of flavor. If I get this box and they are tasty, they probably wont make it to their sick period. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have a box of April 03s that I bought last month that are incredible. Only smoked one so far if you can believe that, but it was awesome. Trying to make them last at least until May when I have a chance to get some more.

Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts