Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am down here in Sarasota, Fl and therr is an event held every Sunday on Siesta Key Beach called Drum Circle. It is where everyone brings hand drums and carries on a beat from 6PM till whenever. I have been going for quite a while now and i always enjoy a stogie while moving to the groove. Tonight i was enjoying my very first Don Pepin Garcia and it was great! It was the Cuban Classic Robusto and i was really enjoying it. Well heres the shitty part. One of Sarasota's Finest on horse back almost runs into me with his horse's ass and his reply was, "You cannot smoke on the beach, it is a $100 fine." I was dumbstruck that this Officer on his high horse (no pun intended) would pick ME out of a crowd of at least 1000 people to harass when everything in a cigar is bio degradable unlike cancer sticks (cigarettes) or the people carrying coolers full of beer, or the stoners smoking stuff that is actually illegal . So im sad to say that My first DPG which was gifted to be by Jeff AKA JaKaAch was left barely smoked. Just venting it really pissed me off. :hn

Long ashes,
Mark

·
Elder Jungle Leader
4,989 Posts
Hate that for you man. :mad:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Heh, a beach cop tried that stunt with me last year in Panama City. There's a section of beach not as busy on Tyndall AFB that's open to the public via a dirt road from the main highway. Cop rode up on his ATV and threatened to arrest me (on AF property by the way...way out of his jurisdiction) if I didn't throw it away.

I handed him my ID and told him I would wait right there for him to A) round up every other violator (there are quite a few, obviously) and arrest them, and b) call his superiors and ask them if he has any powers on the base. A bit of blustering later he was on his way and I was smoking right along.

People who have authority and cannot properly exercise it annoy me.

·
Registered
787 Posts
They tried that with me when I was on a beach in NJ. I said where's the sign that says you can't smoke on the beach. End of story, no sign and I wasn't putting it out.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Heh, a beach cop tried that stunt with me last year in Panama City. There's a section of beach not as busy on Tyndall AFB that's open to the public via a dirt road from the main highway. Cop rode up on his ATV and threatened to arrest me (on AF property by the way...way out of his jurisdiction) if I didn't throw it away.

I handed him my ID and told him I would wait right there for him to A) round up every other violator (there are quite a few, obviously) and arrest them, and b) call his superiors and ask them if he has any powers on the base. A bit of blustering later he was on his way and I was smoking right along.

People who have authority and cannot properly exercise it annoy me.
People suck...Douchbags suck even harder:tu

·
Elder Jungle Leader
4,989 Posts
on a better note what happened to the hurricanes when they visited Tampa? did you see? :gn:gn:gn
You are an evil man.... :gn :r

Bought your Tampa Bay playoff tickets yet? :D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the support fellas. in SRQ the cops always abuse their power or lack there of but i wasnt going to risk an 8 dollar cigar for a 100 dollar fine. next time ill ask a few more questions.

The Lightning playoff tickest are sold out. they said i wouldnt get any untill next year :-\ haha

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I just find it unfortunate that in public outdoor spaces you can't smoke. I can understand smoking hazards (along with any other type of burning) in dry brush areas; but on a beach??? Just really sad statement of todays facts. Sorry your DPG got ruined; hopefully your next one will not be interupted.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.