Cigar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent arrival to Austin, Tx. My route to work takes me past this adult bookstore that also has a fairly extensive humidor. The business has been purchased by a large consortium of adult pleasures but does not sell tobacco products and they are getting out of the premium cigar business so all the cigars are 40% off. Yeah! Staff is stilll maintaining the humidor and the selection is still pretty extensive. It seems like Christmas has come early. Gonna shop there until there is nothing but dregs. Frank B

·
Registered
76 Posts
:u :u Frank, sounds like you've hit the mother lode! Enjoy spending that cash, bro!:u

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yah.....right....and we ALL believe that a few adult books aren't also going to find their way into your shopping cart! :r

I'm one of the many guys who always read Penthouse and Hustler for the excellent and insightful articles..... :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
corporate takeovers

Hey Gang, havent encountered anything sticky yet except the damn barcode stickers that are on each cigar and are placed over the fold of the cellos and make them a bitch to get in to. Frank B

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hmmm....just to get a balanced opinion on the "sticky barcode" problem, I suggest you send five (5) premium samples to each of us who responded to your posting, and we will collectively decide whether your complaint is valid......

If you agree, let us know so we can send you our postal information. Also, please ensure that you pack the cigars in a top-notch travel-dor that maintains 70% during shipping..

That is all....carry on...

:r

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
corporate takeovers

Hey KScotty, where in Ct are you. Spent 6 months in late 2001 and through late June 2002 working for a small hospital in Sharon up in the Northwest Corner in the Berkshires. Really enjoyed it, beautiful country, great beer, unfortunately a little too rural for my wife. If you are a beer lover try Allagash triple reserve,readily available in that part of the world. Frank B

·
Registered
221 Posts
I work from my home office in Newtown, CT.....yes it is beautiful here, but damned expen$ive! I get taxed out the ying-yang.

I will try to find that local brew you mentioned.... thanks! :al

Keep smilin' :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow, I'm afraid to even step foot in some of the adult bookstores in this area, much less buy a cigar from them. Then again, with only a couple exceptions ours are pretty seedy.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom N, you right about seedy,never would have stopped if the huge 40% off sign hadnt caught my eye,figured what the hell. interesting concept..."Yeah, give me a copy of Jugs, Backdoor Frenzy, and and oh yeah let me have a couple of Upmanns, and then you go home and pull a Bill and Monica after carefully perusing your purchases. Frank B

1 - 11 of 11 Posts