Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow y'all, I haven't been on here in quite some time, which is pathetic on my part, as everyone here at CS was a big part of my life, and then I just kind of dropped off the face of the earth, so my bad. I was honestly afraid my account might not be active anymore. Anyway, let's see, in the time since I posted last, I've:

Dropped out of Georgia Tech (I plan to go back, for a different degree, so spare me the riot act)

Gone back to my old crappy job, don't make much, but I have job security, and I have fun at work, it's a placeholder until I get the job I want

Ridden my motorcycle a lot (although it's currently inoperative)

Spent a lot of time on local motorcycle forums

Turned 21 and drank way too much (I think my friends called a couple of you on my birthday, I left my phone out so that I wouldn't make drunk dials.. they did it for me, so sorry to anyone who got woken up)

Started and stopped smoking cigarettes... Smoked 4 or 5 (butts, not packs) a day for about 8 months... didn't think much of it, until I started going through close to a pack any night that I went out drinking. Didn't care for that too much. Woke up one morning (4 days ago now) and said "Man, I'm sick of my chest hurting, sore throats, getting winded so easily, etc.. I quit"... I haven't had a craving since, but I have had a dream every night since then that I smoked one, and felt really guilty when I woke up, so I guess subconsciously, I do still want em. I feel better about myself already though.

Gotten out of cigars, as of about 3 or 4 months ago. Many of you will remember my well stocked humi.. well, I'm an idiot. The A/C went out in my house for about a week.. I thought nothing of it, just dealt with it... Well, it prompted a beetle outbreak (I assume it was the cause, as I normally keep the humi in a stable, cool spot in my room). I normally check it about once a week, to keep an eye on the beads, and when I looked in one day (I'd been out of town for 3 weeks)... everything was destroyed, in BOTH of my humis... There wasn't a salvageable stick in the bunch... I was devastated. There's years of cigar smoking history in that humi. Bombs from you FOGs, trades, passes, splits, things that I was looking forward to in years coming.. hell, there was a stick in there that I've had since I was 18, and was saving until I graduated college (which won't be for 4 more years now... :r) So I cleaned everything out real well, saved the humidity beads (Thanks again, Viper!), and both hygros, and am thinking I'll get back into it slowly, so I decided it's time to become a contributing member here again, despite the fact I've forgotten most of the little I knew to begin with. Oh well, no time like the present to start learning again.

I moved into a new house, in Smyrna, GA, so away from downtown (had to move out of the fraternity house after I dropped out of school), but still only 15 minutes away, so I go visit often. Really liking living in a bigger house, bigger rooms, a real yard, etc, but I miss my puppy (left him with the fraternity). I'm working on projects around here, building a new shed, setting up a home theater for my roommate (He likes to have nice things, but is a technidiot, so I set things up for him.. you should see him poking at the iphone he bought yesterday... :mn). I'll post pics of those projects.

I spend a lot of time working on/improving my motorcycle, then finding ways to screw it up (no more wrecks though, so that's good).

Anyway, that's a long recap of my life. I'll have to get skype setup again (and get a damn mic this time, cuz typing to you guys sucks! lol), so I can get back in touch with you guys. I'm off work Friday, think I'm gonna go pick up a stick or two, and just relax on the new porch, and look out at the yard... I'll be sure to post a review of my phillies! :r

How's everyone here? New grandkids/cars/motorcycles/walk in humis/wives/kids/etc?

Dave still making everyone drool over his pictures? The floydPs still running things? Ron and Carlos still.... doing whatever it is that they do around here? :r

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome back man,sorry to hear about the humi. But the good news is you can fill it up with some Pepins!

·
Banned
5,814 Posts
Yeah, it's time to start acting like an adult... damn..
I am not lecturing you. It took me until six years ago to become one. I just did not realize I had kids and beding single for so long decided to try the marriage thing again for the last time (Second and last). I love college and bars. However, I just herf in bars and spend time with the family.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Good to hear from you again Nick. Sorry to hear about the beetle problem but good to see a post that doesn't say "Hey I crashed my bike." ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.