Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a little early, but who cares :mrgreen:
Now that its that time of year (almost) when family and friends come together to embrace and celebrate in each other's company...and more importantly eat and drink WAY too much :beerchug:. This is my favorite time of year and naturally, smoke much more as the weather here in southern California cools down and as we all know, there is NOTHING like a pipe full of your favorite when the air is brisk, clean, and cool but the sun is still shining.

...alright, to the point. Since the holidays are coming, what is your favorite blend to smoke this time of year? The blend that holds that place dear in your heart and is just the right thing to load in your pipe...hell, if it's a particular cigar or snuff, or any tobacco that does it for you then let's hear about it!

And ahead of time, happy holidays my friends :pp

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This summer I purchased a tin of Peterson Holiday Season 2013, which I am enjoying very much right now.
I have been meaning to get some, is it a heavy aromatic?

I cracked open a tin of McCellands Christmas Cheer 2013 and its fits perfectly with the cooling weather.
I enjoyed the 2012 Christmas Cheer and have another tin aging. I'll have to grab a tin of the 2013!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I picked up a tin of this... not sure if ill open it this year or wait until next
I can't find it at any of my local b&m's. If you decide to pop the tin I would love to hear about your experience with with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Southern hemisphere here so the weather is warming up.

Tried some Mac Baren 7 Seas Royal the other day for the first time and was slightly disappointed with it having already tried the 7 Seas Regular. It's okay but the Regular has more flavour.

·
Registered
510 Posts
My local shop has a house holiday blend that they sell year round. It's a real heavy aro, but honestly one of my favorites. I've gotten nothing but compliments on the room note off of it.

·
Sot-weed Bohemian
8,941 Posts
I picked up a tin of this... not sure if ill open it this year or wait until next
Aromatics don't age well, so it would be like waiting to open your Xmas presents until next year. Open it! :smile:

All the holiday smokes seem to be aromatics, which is appropriate, since your aim should not be to gas everybody out. However, I don't enjoy aromatics other than occasionally, so I'm not much of a reference, but given that, I've liked the Peterson holiday blends better than the others I've tried.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Aromatics don't age well, so it would be like waiting to open your Xmas presents until next year. Open it! :smile:

All the holiday smokes seem to be aromatics, which is appropriate, since your aim should not be to gas everybody out. However, I don't enjoy aromatics other than occasionally, so I'm not much of a reference, but given that, I've liked the Peterson holiday blends better than the others I've tried.
Its a Virginia flake and it ages very well

tin description; Handblended, premium pressed Virginia flake pipe tobaccos. A fine vintage, naturally sweet, in limited quantity. The 2013 blend is made with a special selection of orange, flue-cured Virginia from the 2009 crop near Rocky Mount, North Carolina.

·
Sot-weed Bohemian
8,941 Posts
Its a Virginia flake and it ages very well

tin description; Handblended, premium pressed Virginia flake pipe tobaccos. A fine vintage, naturally sweet, in limited quantity. The 2013 blend is made with a special selection of orange, flue-cured Virginia from the 2009 crop near Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
Thanks! Good to know and I stand corrected! :tu

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Still working on a 2004 jar of McClelland Christmas Cheer.
When that's gone I'll pop the 2005 one.

I would like to try some other holiday ones so keep the recommendations coming.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still working on a 2004 jar of McClelland Christmas Cheer.
When that's gone I'll pop the 2005 one.

I would like to try some other holiday ones so keep the recommendations coming.
Man that sounds good! My plan is to buy at least 2 tins every year, one to cellar and one to smoke that year...The dilemma is deciding how long before I start popping the cellared ones. Any recommendations based one what you've had?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I don't know bout cooling weather here in Southern California. Considering the annual Santa Anna winds pick up around Oct, throught the end of Nov. Seems the summer goes on for another 2 months here. But as far as a holiday smoke for me. Gotta be C&D Haunted Bookshop, that put me into the spirit of fall, with it's spooky taste :)

·
Sot-weed Bohemian
8,941 Posts
But as far as a holiday smoke for me. Gotta be C&D Haunted Bookshop, that put me into the spirit of fall, with it's spooky taste :)
Don't know how to break this to you, Troy, but Halloween is not a holiday. Certainly, it SHOULD be holiday, but alas, it is not.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just smoked some Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls I had jarred up for a few years, and while not having a Christmas-y or holiday-esque name, they smoked with a delicious sweet dried fruit note. Kind of like prunes or figs. Made me think of the holidays.

And for those who take snuff, Bernard's Fichtennadel is like smashing your face into the boughs of a snow flocked Christmas tree...it's real freakin' refreshing lol.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Man that sounds good! My plan is to buy at least 2 tins every year, one to cellar and one to smoke that year...The dilemma is deciding how long before I start popping the cellared ones. Any recommendations based one what you've had?
I've had almost all the years of CC since '04 and they seem to start to shine at about 5 years.
I got lucky years ago on here when one of the members was selling a lot of their baccy.
That's how I got a couple tins of CC of each of the years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.