Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a chance to visit Connecticut Valley Tobacconist today and its really a neat place. The shop is housed in what was a pharmacy that dated back 100 years. When CVT moved in they didnt remodel but left everything as it was and walking through the door is like walking back in time.

I purchased quite a few sticks among them Old Powder Keg, which someone else was talking about in another post here. Havent tried it yet but will let everyone know how it is. The owner jokingly insisted that I havent been smoking long enough to handle it but I said Id give it a shot and be sure not to smoke it while driving.

On the way back to the office I had one of thier fresh rolled cigars, Tobacconists Choice. A double Connecticut, Connecticut shade wrapper and binder with Hondouran filler. It is a traditional cigar that has been made here in Connecticut forever, so he says. I have to say, it was like smoking dessert. The construction was perfect and the wrapper a beautiful golden brown. It started off a little spicey and then mellowed into a super smooth very sweet smoke that tasted like vanilla. Albeit not 7 year old Madagascar vanilla.

Anyway, on a review of thier shop the reviewer added a history of tobacco farming here in Connecticut. I found it interesting and thought I would pass it on. Not totally familiar with the rules of posting links like this so I leave it to the administrator to delete it or not. Scroll down for the article.

http://www.smokeshopreview.com/Reviews/07_2003/CVT/ct_valley_tobacconist.htm

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Interesting. It would be cool to tour the various small premium cigar manufacturers in the US someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.