Cigar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally hit rock bottom on the slippery slope. I thought that it would never happen but it has.

I went over to Top25 Cigar and read the review on the R&J EL Robusto and I wound up buying a box. The problem is that for the life of me, I can't remember anything from the time I finished reading the review to the time that I hit the "process this order" button on the order form.

LLG's the soft underbelly is now exposed. Can I get some sympathy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Take this as a word to the wise. Please do not read that review. It has subliminal buy messages all over it!
 

·
X Canadian
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
I've got my candle lit as well Lamar. I read a review by Elktwin on the Upmann Mag46 and between Elktwins description and the sublimal messages intertwined in that magical description, I must have hit the "add to cart" button and next thing you know, theres a knock at the door and there they were.


smosieromyub


Just say no! (after you get your next shipment)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,978 Posts
Hate to say it but you hit a ledge and not the bottom of the slipppery slope. I bought some cigars at the lolh and on the way back home I told my friend that I didnt think I needed to buy anymore cigars that I was set for the rest of the year......... 3 days later I spent $150 on a sampler :confused:

My name is joe and I am a habanoaholic

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,049 Posts
mr.c said:
My name is joe and I am a habanoaholic
Joe
:r I will second that......maybe we should start a habanosaholic anonymous??? Any takers?

We can sit around a room and introduce ourselves like Joe did and then tell everyone what cigar sent us over the edge...........of coarse during the meeting there would need to be 30-45 minute smoke breaks :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,743 Posts
Welcome to the club!

In your near future there will be requested credit card limit increases, selling stuff you no longer use for cigar money, smuggling cigars past the wife by getting them sent to your office, a friend's office or home.....skimming money from your paycheck to your own secret account that has no paper statements that is connected to your paypal account.....LOTS of drooling at various vendor's websites wishing you had an extra $850 for those 2 cabs and a box of EL's...a clooerdor to store your boxes, new cutters, lighters and carrying case to take your prized ISOM's on trips.....

Yeah.....I'm slidin down the slipper slope at a very high rate of speed :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,255 Posts
Yep. Over the past 3 months, I've spent at least a grand on cigars, so LOML and I are talking just the other day about some major home projects we are working on and how we need to avoid unneccesarry spending. Of course, I didn't remember that conversation until AFTER I pressed the SUBMIT ORDER button this morning :D .


Goat Locker
 

·
MoTheMentor
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Hi everyone. My name is MoTHeMan and I'm a cigar addict.
.
.
.
.

I'm sad to admit that I revel in my addiction.

It's what keeps me going to the next Saturday night herf, or a good excuse to light up.

Have had this addiction for 8+ years now.

Yes, I could be spending my money on many other things, but looking at it another way, I really have no regrets (that I currently have more cigars than I need to smoke). ;)

Thankfully, if I smoke too much my body lets me know I've gone too far (cough, gasp, wheeze). I've learned that moderation helps.

I do want to live a loooonngg time so that I can enjoy many more cigars to come. Always believed that the best cigar I'll ever smoke might be the next one I try. :) So I pace myself. [Exercise, eat right, get enough rest, take my multivitamins and anti-oxidants, etc . . you get the idea.] Take in life's other wonders and indulgences. Make sure my herfing moments count!!

As for my credit cards. Since you can't take them with you when you're gone, F---! :fu , I don't worry too much about that, so long as my credit standing is still good, I keep on spending.

What can I say?

Life only gets better. Amen brothers & sisters. :D

MoTheMan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
1f1fan said:
Welcome to the club!

In your near future there will be requested credit card limit increases, selling stuff you no longer use for cigar money, smuggling cigars past the wife by getting them sent to your office, a friend's office or home.....skimming money from your paycheck to your own secret account that has no paper statements that is connected to your paypal account.....LOTS of drooling at various vendor's websites wishing you had an extra $850 for those 2 cabs and a box of EL's...a clooerdor to store your boxes, new cutters, lighters and carrying case to take your prized ISOM's on trips.....

Yeah.....I'm slidin down the slipper slope at a very high rate of speed :D
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has them sent to the office in order to bypass the wife! Then you have to get them in the humi when she's not around. ;)
 

·
MoTheMentor
Joined
·
3,075 Posts
Fredster said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has them sent to the office in order to bypass the wife! Then you have to get them in the humi when she's not around. ;)
I used to have my cigars sent to the office just to keep a lower profile, then everyone at the office starting nagging me about just how many orders I keep getting :rolleyes: . Finally had to relent & got them sent to my house.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top