Cigar Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
yep I'm at work right now so its very busy. Evacuating all low lying residences and Resorts. We had to call in 5 more officers to handle the roads shutting down. We had to open an emergency evacuation center for people to go to. We've had over 400 calls this morning and it doesn't look like its going to let up anytime soon.

Thanks for thinking of us. We're crazy busy right now but cool.

·
Registered
882 Posts
LasciviousXXX said:
yep I'm at work right now so its very busy. Evacuating all low lying residences and Resorts. We had to call in 5 more officers to handle the roads shutting down. We had to open an emergency evacuation center for people to go to. We've had over 400 calls this morning and it doesn't look like its going to let up anytime soon.

Glad to hear evrything is all right. :w

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
People are freaking right the hell out. We haven't had something like this happen in recent memory. We've had to evacuate different areas and the Red Cross has already responded to help out with all the misplaced people. Its madness over here right now, the weather forecast shows it getting worse before it gets better. It's going to be a very long day. Looks like overtime for everybody.

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LasciviousXXX said:

Stay safe.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Stay safe man. Good luck

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
floydp said:
Be safe man :cool:
Absolutely and keep us updated as you are able!

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Thanks for all the well wishes guys. It means a lot. Things are getting worse here as the rain keeps kickin' our ass. We've called out more backup officers and everybody is getting cold and hungry and tired so we're rotating through 30 min breaks. On the good side though I heard we just made the CNN news. So watch and you'll see our lovely little town floating away.

I'll keep you guys updated.
Thanx,
Dustin

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Ok guys little update, everything returned to normal a couple days after the flooding. There was major property damage to some of the homes around here. Most of the major roads and some Highways were closed due to rockslides/Mudslides/Flooding etc. In fact at one point almost all the roadways out of town were closed. People were starting to get worried. After all the flood water receeded most people came back and started the cleanup. However it is expected to flood out again today and tomorrow so people have started leaving again.

In Flagstaff just north of us, they received around 6 inches of snow. I'm sure Linus can tell us about that. If that starts to melt then we're screwed. So it's projected that the flooding will start around 0500hrs this morning. So we're all starting to prepare to activate the Emergency Center again.

Wish us luck it looks like we're in for a whole lot more flooding this week. It going to be a long week.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
MAN......I hope everything turns out alright. Stay safe. Hope your not affected by the flood waters to much

·
-
11,412 Posts
maybe it would help if i turned it off the damn cartoon network from time to time? i didn't even know there was bad weather in the states anywhere... :mad:

don't worry, dustin, as my dad use to tell me, "shit floats", so you have nothing to worry about.
:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.