Cigar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I recently came back from Cuba and brought 3 boxes of cigars with me. Monte Cristo no. 4, Romeo Y Julieta Cedro De Lux no. 1, and a box of Cohiba Esplendidos. Now, I have the legal documentation for all the boxes except the Cohiba's, and I know what you're thinking --- fake, fake, fake......However, I was referred to a site that takes you through a step by step process to help identify fakes, and suprisingly enough they passed.

My question is, where would be a good place to sell the cigars?? I can understand that most people would be skeptical of the Cohiba's, perfectly fine, but the Monte's and the Romeo's come with the receipt fromt the Cuban cigar shop.

Any and all advice is appreciated. :D

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Considering you are in Canada, the prices you might be asking might be more than what many will pay (ie: MC-4's can be has for 112-130 USD delivered from tried & true sources).
Then again, those who would be willing to take a chance on authenticity & be willing to pay whatever price you are asking is always possible.

I would suggest the "Cigar Specials & Retailer Reports" forum.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You can always try ebay. I have seen sellers on there who sell and provide documentation of authenticity. They usually post a picture showing the receipt next to the box. I also hope that you haven't opened the boxes. That would greatly add to my skepticism and I would think others would agree with me. Good Luck.

Oh and by the way why aren't you enjoying these fine smokes? If you bought them to resell and you aren't a cigar smoker I dare you to keep a box and smoke them. Before long you will be selling other things just to have money for your cigar habbit. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you want to sell them try Yahoo auctions since they are less uptight about cuban cigars being listed than ebay right now. That would be my advice but I concur with others, you should smoke them.
There are some shops in TO that have rental humidor areas in their stores that you could use in the mean time before you get your own and failing that place them in a large ziploc freezer bag and breathe into the bag and then push the air out. Keeps them good for almost a week I find.

Any other questions please ask here or send a pm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts