Cigar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help Apes, basically computer illiterate, installed this history and pop up killing software and ever since the site doesnt recognize without having to reregister or at least reinstall my username and password. Any fixes? I think I eliminated the necessary cookie to make that happen but am not sure. Frank B

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Poker, yeah there is cookie remembering aspect of the software. When I initially installed the software I lamebrainedly removed the cookies. What is wierd is that it is not a consistent problem. When I went to the site for this post the site recognized me. Dont get it. Frank B

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
what i want to know frank, is why you feel it necessary to kill your history ... trying to cover up your tracks? everybody downloads **** off the internet and everybody knows it! you're not alone. just be glad you're not old enough to have had to get your **** by going to the seedy side of downtown and picking out the right mags with a bunch of other perverts standing around. so sit back, relax, and enjoy it ... free **** ... woohooooooo! :D

(btw- does that program you're using clean up the index.dat file in your windows\cookies subdirectory? check it out... do a search for index.dat, and then open it up with an ascii editor, like notepad. supposedly, every cookie is recorded in this file ... anyway ... see if there's something like cookie:[email protected]/[email protected][2].txt in there. ) :r

·
Registered
283 Posts
FrankB said:
What is wierd is that it is not a consistent problem. When I went to the site for this post the site recognized me. Dont get it. Frank B
Session cookies?

I personally side with Rob, I think a lot of it is preying on people's paranoia and is unnecessary. It depends on where/if you surf also and whose computer you are using, My cookie control is more of a hindrance.

Went through a whole box of samoas the other night, I love those things!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed the software for a couple of reasons, 1) it also kills pop-ups, which I loath, 2) it has made a serious dent in the **** spam, and 3) not having to explain to the wife why I am looking at **** in the first place. Am I paranoid about big brother? Nah, just keeping the peace in the family. Frank B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.