Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a $25 gift certificate to CI for Father's Day and it's burning a hole in my pocket. Help me decide what to do with it. I'm thinking of:

a) This sampler:

or b) Ten Fonsecas

or c) The More Cowbell sampler:

or d) Twenty Arganese

or e) just saving it waiting for something I already know I like to go on sale.

Feel free to add your own ideas, too. What do you think?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd say C, I've had the Morro Castle & while it was good I don't think I'd go out of my way to get one again.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The La Gloria and Morro Castle is already on my radar. The More Cow Bell sampler has some very good sticks as well. Aganese Maduro cannot compare to any. Fonseca is mild compared to them, not a good choice if you want bolder flavor.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
My choice would be either c or e...

I have not had the cigars on the far right, but the other ones are good to solid. The GH 2002 and Sancho Panzas are PROVEN sticks.

The Padilla Hybrids are very decent after rest 5-6 months of rest. The 5 Vegas As are decent-- not bad.

I have some one year old Bahia's I have not sampled yet.

·
Codger In Training
4,771 Posts
My choice would be either c or e...

I have not had the cigars on the far right, but the other ones are good to solid. The GH 2002 and Sancho Panzas are PROVEN sticks.

The Padilla Hybrids are very decent after rest 5-6 months of rest. The 5 Vegas As are decent-- not bad.

I have some one year old Bahia's I have not sampled yet.
+1

The GH 2002 and Sancho Panzas are solid sticks, both are staples in my rotation.

The 5 Vegas A's are pretty decent. Bahia's are OK. I haven't tried the Padillas.

·
LOB Underwater Director
1,622 Posts
LGC has gone way downhill, or I'd say A. Given that I'd +1 to what most others have said on here, E if you can wait, C if you can't.

·
some say I'm a dreamer...
3,277 Posts
E, definitely. GH2002 bundle. Padilla Achilles or 1968, el truinifador, DP JJ, CAO Brazilia, Oliva G/O/V... among others that go on sale on a semi-regular basis at CI.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.