Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I wimped out on the Epi 2's. I just couldn't pull the trigger and wound up grabbing a couple of boxes of the Petit Robusto's. What is your best guess as to how this stick will age?

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Lamar said:
OK, I wimped out on the Epi 2's. I just couldn't pull the trigger and wound up grabbing a couple of boxes of the Petit Robusto's. What is your best guess as to how this stick will age?
Had one that was gifted me by SVTNate a few weeks back; smoked it right away. Enjoyed it a lot. Had a lot of the sweet earthy qualities of the Epi2, but there was pleasant deep strength w/ a touch of spice in the background. Very enjoyable.

IMHO, tremendous aging potential. I think you did good.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Since theyve just been prodicing them in a short while, and therefor there isnt any aged ones. Who really can tell. That said I really hope that they will age good for your sake... and I was planning to get a box of these, so for my sake too, but I hardly think that it will matter much because when I get them they probably wont be much age on them... :)

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
MoTheMan said:
IMHO, tremendous aging potential. I think you did good.
I couldn't agree more! They are smoking nicely now, but this will be wonderful with 4-5 years nap time.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Haven't had one myself, but everyone I've talked to has liked them so far. If they taste good already they probably won't need much age to be great. I wonder how a lot of these 03 and 04 cigars are going to age. I would think they will all age and peak quicker. I know the factories are using tobacco that has sat a bit longer than in the past, and there is a lot of talk about changes in the cooking process, but I haven't seen anything official to prove that. :confused:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I've only smoked two so far, and that's hardly enough to give a fair opinion IMHO, but to me, I will not be buying these. I didn't detect much potential in this cigar, and I'm not so sure ageing will vastly improve this smoke.

However, I did like the size.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Bruce said:
I've only smoked two so far, and that's hardly enough to give a fair opinion IMHO, but to me, I will not be buying these. I didn't detect much potential in this cigar, and I'm not so sure ageing will vastly improve this smoke.

However, I did like the size.
IMO Bruce is right on. When this thread was first posted I already had 2 boxes on the way (they still are), however one of my local tobaconnists had them in stock, picked up a few singles and smoked them both today. I was expecting more complexity for these, but unfortunately found them kind of one dimensional. In my limited experience, cigars that don't do much when young, won't do much when older either! Anyway the ones on the way will have to rest for a while - at least 1-2 yrs - and you never know, miracles do happen! In any event, keep in mind that this is only someone else's opinion based on two single cigars,, ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts