Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I understand that you are a close family so a little information about myself should be divulged. I have lingered in the brush for too long before joining and have been an avid fan of Top25 for over a year now. Hats off to your first class site. I have always had a true fascination with cigars. They are one of the last hand crafted works of art we get the pleasure to experience anymore (see the latest reviews article in Smoke Magazine, it is on the money). I also homebrew beer so I know how to appreciate craftsmanship and pride in ones work. And anyway, being developing primates we have a strong propensity to use and control fire. The thing that really drew me to this site was the mantra of not taking yourself too seriously or becoming a cigar "snobinado". Everyone's tastes are different and I have never tasted madagascar currants, or whatever they say, in any cigar's flavor profile. I smoke about 4 cigars a month and make an effort to enjoy each one as much as possible. Hope I have some good stuff to add here and there. I will see you guys knuckle-walking around later. :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi there SilvrBck! Welcome from another newbie. Hey, maybe I can drag a few homebrew tips out of you. I dabble a bit in homebrewing myself. There's a thread regarding beer suggestions in the "everything but cigars" forum if you haven't run across it already.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Eichen

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Welcome my friend. The jungle is never too crowded, just the rest of the planet.

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I salute you all with a vigorous chest beating of respect for your warm welcome!

robmcd-
I live in north PB, almost La Jolla, right by Tourmaline. I go surfing there a couple of times a week when I'm not too hungover! Ha ha. :al

·
Chimpus herfustus
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eichen-
I've homebrewed for quite a number of years and even got the chance to take some brewing classes while I was at UC Davis. I'll check out the other forum to see what I can add.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts