Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Krane and I have been an advid cigar smoker for most of my life. I wish I was writing this post on better terms. It seems I've developed an issue with my sinus or something that will no longer let me enjoy cigars.

I can taste food, vape, nasty cigarettes, cannabis, or anything else just fine except cigars. The moment I light one my sinus gets a "mentholated" feeling And I get a metal taste in my mouth. Weird I know but again only cigars. I have never been diagnosed with c19 or have allergies been that much an issue.

At first I thought it was too high humidity. Dry boxed a few same thing. Then I bought from the local B&M same thing. Then another two towns over SAME THING. My wife will take a pull and say baby it's delicious but all I taste is a wet sponge and my sinus light up.

I'm sorry to my fellow brothers of the leaf for my introduction being of this manner but I'm desperate. I miss my magic toast after work so bad it's getting me butthurt lol. Any thought or advice will kindly be accepted.

· Super Moderator
9,429 Posts
Welcome. Give it time. The only constants are death and taxes... not necessarily in that order, though sometimes I feel like taxes will be the death of me. ;)

In the meantime, maybe try a pipe and see if you have the same reaction or not.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome. Give it time. The only constants are death and taxes... not necessarily in that order, though sometimes I feel like taxes will be the death of me. ;)

In the meantime, maybe try a pipe and see if you have the same reaction or not.
Thank you I have just decided to give it a break. I'm saddened by it but maybe it's just what God wants. It's so hard knowing I have a magic toast and 1844 classic waiting on me

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome from Texas,
Sometimes all you need is a break !
Shout outs from Louisiana lol. My wife had a great thought. She said maybe it's where I work which is a pool supply store. I wonder if the strong cholrine that I do not smell anymore somehow saturated my sinus cavity. I do remember this problem starting earlier than that but idk. Anybody smoke cigars that works for a pool supply store

· Retired Chaos Designer
14,717 Posts
Shout outs from Louisiana lol. My wife had a great thought. She said maybe it's where I work which is a pool supply store. I wonder if the strong cholrine that I do not smell anymore somehow saturated my sinus cavity. I do remember this problem starting earlier than that but idk. Anybody smoke cigars that works for a pool supply store
That is a strong possibility, I know that when I walk through a house where they are spraying lacquer based paint it will throw my taste off for a day or so.

Reactions: Krane

· Registered
728 Posts
Welcome from NC. This is just a complete shot in the dark. Have you tried one of those pressurized saline pumps to blow out your sinus cavity? There may not be anything stuck in your sinus cavity. I’m just thinking if there is any residue build up the saline may wash it out. They are only a couple bucks from CVS/WALGREENS places like that. Something like this

NasaMist All in One

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from NC. This is just a complete shot in the dark. Have you tried one of those pressurized saline pumps to blow out your sinus cavity? There may not be anything stuck in your sinus cavity. I’m just thinking if there is any residue build up the saline may wash it out. They are only a couple bucks from CVS/WALGREENS places like that. Something like this

NasaMist All in One
Trying that today thank you for the advice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts