Cigar Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
CAO Whore
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Heading down to Orlando in a few weeks for vacation and I'm looking to find a few stores to hit while I'm down there.

Not adverse to leaving the area a bit for a nice/interesting Cigar Store. Not necessarily looking for a Lounge, or a 'wink-wink, nudge-nudge' kinda store... just your basic retail shop. Tell me about some 'Man, you went to Orlando and didn't check out xxxxxxx?' kinda places. :party:

-C Rex

·
Puffer With No Spikes
1,691 Posts
Not a B&M but a must visit is the cigar bar/lounge in Universal Studios City walk. After hours parking is free, and that's really when city walk comes to life anyhow. I spent 9 months living in a hotel across the street from there...ahhh the memories. Debauchery at it's best. From what I remember their prices were only slightly elevated and they had a very nice selection.

There is of course http://www.cigarforums.net/forums/vb/retailer-profit-sales-forum/278550-new-website-up-running.html to visit.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Corona Cigar (<==== link to a thread here) is great. I've been there a couple of times.

When will you be there? I'm headed down for the week of Dec. 12. I plan to check out Fuego in Downtown Disney while there too. I've never been, have heard drinks are expensive, but apparently you can bring your own cigar(s).

·
CAO Whore
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Corona Cigar (<==== link to a thread here) is great. I've been there a couple of times.

When will you be there? I'm headed down for the week of Dec. 12. I plan to check out Fuego in Downtown Disney while there too. I've never been, have heard drinks are expensive, but apparently you can bring your own cigar(s).
I'll actually be down the the week after Thanksgiving.
If I remember correctly, Fuego really didn't strike me as anything special... but this was before I started to get REALLY into this stuff. I'll keep you posted :thumb:

·
Registered
8,056 Posts
I live in the Orlando area (north) and Corona is a good choice with 2 locations near the theme parks. Its a full bar and lounge plus store with lots of selection. There is a place in Winter Park called Cigarz on the Avenue - nice place, a little small but cozy (you can bring your own adult beverages in). Then there is Ol Times in Casselberry and Ocoee - family run operation, very good selection and pricing and again, not a bar but they have "complimentary" beverages or you can bring your own. I've heard about the place at City Walk (think it's operated by the Sosa Family brand of cigars) but never been there. The one Corona store is in downtown (traffic can be a hassle depending on time of day) - the other on Sand Lake is in a shopping area w/plenty of parking.

·
CAO Whore
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. Got to hit Corona and then hit Old Virginia Tobacco on the way back up.

Corona was REALLY nice... large, huge selection, lotta fun. Between the two, I managed to expand my 'CAO ESCAPARTE' collection :thumb:

·
The real Sistine Chapel
1,389 Posts
Go to the corona cigar on sand lake. It'll blow your mind. The place is HUGE.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Go to the corona cigar on sand lake. It'll blow your mind. The place is HUGE.
I agree, Corona is awesome, they have 3 stores I think? There is one Downtown, on Orange Ave, then Sand Lake, and then there is a third I havent been to. If you happen to make it to Universal Studios there is a Bar called "Cigars" in city walk that is not to bad. Then also across the street from Coronas is a place called Stogies, its small but good!

Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.