Cigar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone here has ever bought one the cabinet humidors from cbid? I just won one the other day and I wanted to know how long it took for your cabinet to arrive and if it was easy to schedule a delivery time. I also wanted to know if anyone had any problems with a defective cabinet humidor when it did arrive. If so, was it easy to send back? I see they say to inspect the cabinet before you sign a receipt. I assume that means if I find a defect I can send it back right then. Any info you fellow cbiders might have is greatly appreciated.

·
Just Puffin away...
3,281 Posts
I believe that Doug(Dux) got his from Cbid.
If memory serves he picked his up from them.

When you get it, open and inspect immediately. If any defects or damage refuse shipment and have them return it. If you sign for it and it is damaged you risk having to pay for return unless it is proven the delivery company damaged it.

Hopefully yours will be perfect

·
Registered
66 Posts
Last year I bought a large cabinet Humi form Cbid. They shipped it out across the country and it arrived fine, no damage, and I saved at least $300 as I remember from retail. I think it took about 6 weeks to finally arrive.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last year I bought a large cabinet Humi form Cbid. They shipped it out across the country and it arrived fine, no damage, and I saved at least $300 as I remember from retail. I think it took about 6 weeks to finally arrive.
Wow it took around 6 weeks to get you cabinet. That seems like a long time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow it took around 6 weeks to get you cabinet. That seems like a long time.
They shipped it via a trucking company for PA to WA, but I wasn't in a particular hurry to get it and for the savings I didn't mind. I just wish there was some sort tracking which would have been nice instead of calling everyday asking "Is it there?". They wouldn't notify me of delivery either.

When it got to the destination I removed the entire box off the cabinet and inspected it before taking delivery. All was good.

So overall it turned out well and i'd do it again, but glad I don't have to as my1,500 + sticks are sittin pretty in their home.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They shipped it via a trucking company for PA to WA, but I wasn't in a particular hurry to get it and for the savings I didn't mind. I just wish there was some sort tracking which would have been nice instead of calling everyday asking "Is it there?". They wouldn't notify me of delivery either.

When it got to the destination I removed the entire box off the cabinet and inspected it before taking delivery. All was good.

So overall it turned out well and i'd do it again, but glad I don't have to as my1,500 + sticks are sittin pretty in their home.
So did they just show up with your cabinet one day? Cbid told me that the shipping company would call me to arrange delivery did they not do that?

·
Registered
66 Posts
So did they just show up with your cabinet one day? Cbid told me that the shipping company would call me to arrange delivery did they not do that?
No notice or arrangement, I was told the same by Cbid. It's a third party shipper so Cbid can only control so much. I wouldn't worry about this, it's a big detail I know but it will get to you, and Cbid stands behind their products.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Even if they don't call to make arrangements, at some point they're going to have to call. I really doubt that they would want to have to eat the costs of shipping it back to CBid and refunding their money due to failure to deliver. Because you know that you'll get your money back from CBid if you don't get it, and they're certainly going to get it back from the shipping company.

So it's possible they'll just show up one day, and if you're home, they'll deliver it, but if you're not, they're going to have to try to arrange something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.