Cigar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to wish my beautiful bride a Happy 22nd Wedding Anniversary!

We were married on sunny afternoon on June 20, 1981. We had a 'fun' wedding, the kind people who attended tell stories of and pass on to future generations.

When we arrived at the church, it was locked up and couldn't get in. Then we found out they had a power problem and the organ wouldn't work for 'here comes the bride'. A drunk priest (we figured that out after he kept falling asleep during the ceromony). He also forgot our names several times. To correct himself he would then call us by the wrong name! lol
He also performed the ceromony out of order (screwed up vows, exchanging of rings, etc). All of this was being done by his first attempt at what he called a 'modern' wedding - we faced the crowd during the debacle.

Oh yeah it was a fun,fun,fun time.

The winds picked up later that day and by the time we were on the highway to start our honeymoon, we drove through a horrendous thunderstorm north of town. The rain didn't let up, so we ended up staying at a super 8 in Bloomington - yup very romantic!

For folks don't believe in being married, I can tell you for the most part, it's been 22 wonderful years.

T o d a y (echo),
I consider myself,
the luckiest man in the world....

woops - sorry -
saving that for this evening after I win the lotto (it's 175 million this evening)!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Happy Anniversary!
Good luck with the lotto too. Let's see, you are splitting 50% of your winnings with us if you win right? You can't be needing all of that 175 mil..LOL!

If we ever meet up, hopefully SoCal, remind me to tell you my wedding nightmare!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
love ... it's what separates us from other animals.

happy anniversary jb... now- could we hear a little more about the other part?: I can tell you for the most part, it's been 22 wonderful years. ;)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
robmcd said:
love ... it's what separates us from other animals.

happy anniversary jb... now- could we hear a little more about the other part?: I can tell you for the most part, it's been 22 wonderful years. ;)
The first few months kind of sucked for the wifer (first time away from home and no more daddys credit cards for shopping!), been great since then!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Happy (belated) Anniversary! My wife and I will be celebrating #9 in August.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts