Cigar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I threw this out a couple of months ago and I hope I can get some LLG's behind me on this but I do feel that there are some Gorilla's around here who embody to gracious ways of our hobby to the extent that they deserve a spot on our wall of fame.

If you have ever been bombed with unexpected smokes by someone like Paul or Steve, it seems that a thank you is not enough...seems like these Silverbacks should be on our wall of fame.

Just my two cents, but I never forget the acts of kindness from folks like Jack who has been known to send out great sticks just because...for me that is what this board is all about and it makes me glad to be a part of it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Add yourself to that list, bro. :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I'm open to it. We got plenty of room to put something up.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I tend to agree with opt.
the top 25 guys are all infact in that class but whats more improtant, none are realy snobs and thats what matters to tis guy.

Hb

·
Registered
718 Posts
Will we base the selection of top 25 posters just by the raw number of posts? That probably ends up working out OK. Near as I can tell from the year and half or so that I've been part of Club Stogie there are no bad apples here.

I miss the 'star' system that the old bb software had. Members got stars based on the number of positive feedbacks they received from other members. I never did manage to earn a star before the conversion. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
seagarsmoker said:
Hey Paul, football pool still on for this year?
Funny you ask. I was just thinking I was going to can it. Here's the issue, let me know your thoughts on the following issues.

The program running the pool slowed down a ton once we got over 150 participants. I could fix this by upgrading the software to use a SQL database instead of MS Access...but i don't know how to do this!

If anyone has experience doing this, let me know. Otherwise we could set it up for members only, and limit the users.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Not sure if flip flop should be included since most of his posts are useless drivel-maybe I just can't understand his Southern typing-LMFAO

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
pds said:
Funny you ask. I was just thinking I was going to can it. Here's the issue, let me know your thoughts on the following issues.

The program running the pool slowed down a ton once we got over 150 participants. I could fix this by upgrading the software to use a SQL database instead of MS Access...but i don't know how to do this!

If anyone has experience doing this, let me know. Otherwise we could set it up for members only, and limit the users.
Members only then!:cool:

·
Registered
410 Posts
OK,
Not to be silly but I will gladly speak positive about the flip flop.
even if a lot of those posts are interesting - not ..
Hes still a good one!

;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts