Cigar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

One of the retailers here in CT showed me a box that he claimed he had paid $1000 for. Inside was probably about 100 sticks, quality construction, the wrapper was two tone like a maduro and connecticut rolled together and the band was red and white with Habanos 2000 on it.

Can anyone tell me more about these, how could I tell if they are fake? He wants $25 a stick. Do I take the chance?

He handed me one, I took in the aroma and it certainly was very intoxicating. Unlike anything I have smelled before.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
DaveC said:
hmm, red and white? or red and black?

also, if he disclosed to you that he paid $1000 for a box of 100, wtf is up with charging you 25$ a stick
It's a totally new concept. It's called "profit". You buy something for one price, and sell it for a higher price. Neat, eh? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
585 Posts
cazadore said:
It's a totally new concept. It's called "profit". You buy something for one price, and sell it for a higher price. Neat, eh? :rolleyes:
wow, your wisdom drops like pearls from your lips.

i never heard of profit before.

my point is why would he disclose his purchase price then hit the guy with a keystone+50% slap.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry, Dave. Just being my usual sarcastic self this morning as my 8:00 tee time was rained out!! :c

Obviously the guy isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, revealing his cost. But if he can sell them for a 250% GPM, more power to him.

Btw, yorkie, a 100 count special humidor (yes, there have been a few AUTHENTIC ones) would undoubtedly sell for much more than $1k, imho.

Caveat emptor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts