Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:u :u I have had limited experience with Habana 2000-wrapped smokes and so far I have to say I don't like this wrapper. It seems to always cause burn problems and the taste is not what it is cracked up to be. Any different or similar experiences with this wrapper?:u

·
Registered
369 Posts
My experience with this wrapper is also somewhat limited. But in general I'm going to dissent with the previous statements. I will agree that when they first came out I did have quite a few burn problems (It was a Maria Mancini but I don't remember more recent samples having this problem). However the few Henry Clay H2000 wrapped cigars that I've had in the last few years seemed to burn fairly well. At least to my taste, this wrapper didn't come off bitter on the Henry Clays.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
oh man... you guys are tough- just because the wrapper didn't burn is no reason to put it down. you know, every cloud has a silver lining ... if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with and that sort of thing. remember god loves all living things and children too. peace. :w

·
Registered
718 Posts
robmcd said:
oh man... you guys are tough- just because the wrapper didn't burn is no reason to put it down. you know, every cloud has a silver lining ... if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with and that sort of thing. remember god loves all living things and children too. peace. :w
Wow, man. I think you must've mixed something else in among the Havanas you usually smoke. Got any more? ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Poker you mean you never got notified (or educated) as to what H2000 really meant?

Well from all the apperences and proof that its a non burner..(I know)

I figgured it out by simple deduction.

Halon cured Tobacco - a specific proccess where good wrappers are cured using a halon gas where they themselves become flameproof.
the 2000 was a ruiz to let us think it was all about the year, but now we know it was the ammount of matches it would take to smoke 1 cigar.

I think it was a design for those wierd collector guys - you know the ones who collect and never smoke thier gars...

Hbooker

·
Registered
410 Posts
Try the Toraño Exodus 1959 (not the Silver which has a Criollo
wrapper). They seem to have gotten this wrapper right. I really like these. :cool:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
my most memorable experience was with an mc something-or-other ... can't recall exactly ... anyway- i had to drive to an atm machine. so, i brought a cigar with me and took the long way. while i was driving, i remember thinking that it was a pretty good cigar, but i didn't pay much attention to it because of traffic. when i got to the atm machine- maybe 15 min later - i looked down at the cigar and it was the same size as when i left the house. the filler had burned- and it was a decent smoke- but the wrapper was intact. i thought i was having a flashback!! lol. i think tom (sirwinston) gave me that cigar :r

1 - 20 of 20 Posts