Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a Gurkha for the first time. It was the Estate Select Reserve (the one without a band). It was the Prince size (5 in. / 52 ring gauge). I was very favorably impressed. Good feel. Good draw. Good flavor. Burn was a little uneven.

Anybody have experience with the rest of the product line?

·
Misplaced
6,385 Posts
Typically, people in here either love em or hate em. I think I'm on the fence.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think their a bit overrated. With all that marketing, its mostly all fluff & no puff.

I think their Doble Maduro is a good cigar, but not even close to being as good as they make themselves out to be.

:2

·
Banned
4,190 Posts
The Double Maduro, Nep. Warrior, X-3, X-Fuerte...all pretty good smokes...but like Boone said here its a either hate it or love it cigar....lol

Shawn

·
Craving GOF
1,751 Posts
While not one my favorite cigars, I do like Gurkha's and don't remember having a bad one.

I have never tried their unbanded cigars and will need to keep my eyes open for one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm a big fan. Of course I haven't loved every Gurkha I ever smoked but I can say the same thing about every manufacturer.

I just smoked the Grand Age the other night, for the second time, and it was fantastic. Construction, burn, draw and taste were all excellent.

I bought a box of Regents last year and smoked every one. The Master Select, Legend, Beast and Ancient Warrior are also very fine smokes from Gurkha.

Another reason I love Gurkha cigars is that I emailed them a year or so ago and asked where I could by a Gurkha ball cap for my brother and I. I mentioned our affection for their smokes and how my brother at the time was enoying their cigars while in Iraq. Well, I never heard back from them but a couple of weeks later several boxes showed up on my porch. They contained 8 ball caps, 6 Samplers in nice cedar boxes and 6 large metal cigar shop Gurkha signs. I'll be a fan for life.:chk

·
Craving GOF
1,751 Posts
Another reason I love Gurkha cigars is that I emailed them a year or so ago and asked where I could by a Gurkha ball cap for my brother and I. I mentioned our affection for their smokes and how my brother at the time was enoying their cigars while in Iraq. Well, I never heard back from them but a couple of weeks later several boxes showed up on my porch. They contained 8 ball caps, 6 Samplers in nice cedar boxes and 6 large metal cigar shop Gurkha signs. I'll be a fan for life.:chk
I may need to buy a box for no other reason than that.:tu

·
Registered
110 Posts
Three of the signs now adorn the walls of my office and as I type I'm wearing the Gurkha Ancient Warrior hat.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had an Expedition the other night. I really enjoyed it. Can't say I'm a huge fan since its the only one I've had, but I'm willing to try more.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.