Cigar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night was a beautiful night here in Virginia. the temp was 72 around 11PM and I was tired but too wired to go to sleep. So I grabbed a cigar out of my humidor, a Gurkha Regent.

Strength: Bold - Heavy
Wrapper: Havana 2000
Binder: Indonesian
Filler: Cuban Ligero, Dominican Piloto

This cigar has a nice dark wrapper and is boxed pressed. I am not a big fan on box pressed cigars, normally they are too thight and draw is hard, but this one was ok. I used a v cut at first but ended up going with cutting off the shoulder to get better draw.

The wrapper was a nice matted with a little tooth to it. Little to no veins. It was a heavy cigar in weight and lit well. The burn was perfect and slow. The initial flavors ere bold with a nice "spice". The flavors got more complex as it burned and the ash stayed with it until halfway down. The smoke was white and think and produced great rings. I was thoroughly enjoying the cigar listening to the beavers knocking down trees and raccoons rustling in the woods.

The cigar lasted for a good hour. It was well after midnight when I had it down to a nub. It got milder as it burned and picked up in flavors.

I highly recommend this cigar.
they run about $5 a bundle of ten and easily found.

·
Banned
9,131 Posts
altbier said:
Last night was a beautiful night here in Virginia. the temp was 72 around 11PM and I was tired but too wired to go to sleep. So I grabbed a cigar out of my humidor, a Gurkha Regent.

Strength: Bold - Heavy
Wrapper: Havana 2000
Binder: Indonesian
Filler: Cuban Ligero, Dominican Piloto

This cigar has a nice dark wrapper and is boxed pressed. I am not a big fan on box pressed cigars, normally they are too thight and draw is hard, but this one was ok. I used a v cut at first but ended up going with cutting off the shoulder to get better draw.

The wrapper was a nice matted with a little tooth to it. Little to no veins. It was a heavy cigar in weight and lit well. The burn was perfect and slow. The initial flavors ere bold with a nice "spice". The flavors got more complex as it burned and the ash stayed with it until halfway down. The smoke was white and think and produced great rings. I was thoroughly enjoying the cigar listening to the beavers knocking down trees and raccoons rustling in the woods.

The cigar lasted for a good hour. It was well after midnight when I had it down to a nub. It got milder as it burned and picked up in flavors.

I highly recommend this cigar.
they run about $5 a bundle of ten and easily found.
My humi is never without some of these. Nice review. Try some of the shorter versions as well.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I previously picked up a fiver and had them in my humidor. When my dad was over one day, I gave him one and we sat out on the back porch and enjoyed the smoke. He mentioned to me on several occasions since then how much he enjoyed the cigar. Fathers Day was the perfect day to present him with a box of the Gurkha Regents.

Thanks for the review altbier. The result was a happy and thankful Father and Son.

·
Registered
503 Posts
i absolutly love gurkha's, but i've got to say that i wasn't a big fan of the regent. it was jsut too dark and strong and it didn't have as much flavor as the other gurkha's that i've had. but i'm gonna have to pick up a couple more sticks and give em a shot. the only problem with it is that my local cigar retailer sells em at 1o bucks a stick! which is was too much money for me to be spending on a cigar that i've already had and didnt' like. i was pretty disapointed with the line. but i'll jsut stick to every other gurkha under the sun, they've all blown me away. i really love the perfecto's that they make, great smoke and such a sweeeeeeeeet shape:)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
G-Man said:
I previously picked up a fiver and had them in my humidor. When my dad was over one day, I gave him one and we sat out on the back porch and enjoyed the smoke. He mentioned to me on several occasions since then how much he enjoyed the cigar. Fathers Day was the perfect day to present him with a box of the Gurkha Regents.

Thanks for the review altbier. The result was a happy and thankful Father and Son.
Thats really cool G-Man! glad my review helped find a good fathers day persent!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.