Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a lot of my fellow BOTL are also into firearms...just thought I'd post these for you guys and gals to check out.

I have a USP 9 Compact and a Armalite AR-15. I am looking to get a shotgun soon. Possibly a Remington or a Mossberg 18.5 inch 12 guage.

The SAR and the SIG in the last two pics are not mine.

Here are the links:

AR03
AR05
H&K USP 9 C
House Guns 1
House Guns 2

Enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a Remington 870 pump 12 guage shotgun, best all around gun ever, I highly recommend it. If you are lazy go for the 1170 automatic.

I've wanted to get a handgun, I've always really liked the Desert Eagle .44, I want a gun that will not only do some damage, but scare the crap out of a bad guy.

BTW, I think squirrel season opens the weekend in Indiana, time to shoot me some rodents!

(yeah, I know, Im a *******)

·
Semi-Yung Puffa
83 Posts
I have a collection of guns myself. The Remington pump is a nice gun. I have owned several handguns over the years and my favorites are my Sig P229 in .357 sig and my stainless Ruger GP100 .357 mag. I would like to get a Smith and Wesson (Walther designed) SW99.

Maybe someday when I retire I will open a store that sells guns and cigars. I will call it "The smoking gun."

BTW I heard squirrels are high in cholesterol.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I hope to inherit my fathers small collection of handguns, he has all of the Colt "snake" pistols, the Anaconda, Python, and Diamondback (.357, .44. .22).

BTW, 1f1fan, if you are looking for the badest shotgun around, go for the Remington 10 gauge automatic turkey special (not sure of the exact model name) my father has one and it is awesome. It also is pre-camoflauged. Not very fun to shoot more than a few time though :D

·
Registered
949 Posts
I have several guns. A few for that I use for training and several for hunting and several for fun.

For Training I have my Wilson Combat CQB and my H&K USP 45 with the double/single action. My everyday carry pistol Is the Kimber Ultra CDP. It is a great carry gun.

For Hunting I have my Remington 11-87 Semi Shotgun (i'm lazy). My Remington 700 BDL 30-06 and my Remington 700 Varmint in 6mm with a glue bedded stock and a floating barrel with an ATN 8-24x75 Scope.

For fun I have a Pre-ban SAR-48 from Sprinfield Armoury that was my dad's. I have a Barrett Light 50. I also have a Wilson Combat SS-15A Super sniper with an ATN 8-24 scope.

As you all can see I am sort of a Right Wing Gun nut. I

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I own several guns.

Handguns

Beretta 92FS 9MM (my favorite for it's ease of cleaning and safety)
Smith & Wesson .357 Mag (great home defense weapon)
Ruger .22 (great for target shooting and plinking)
Kel Tec 9MM (small and light for conceal carry)

Hunting Rifles

Ruger 7Mag Mountain Rifle (Elk rifle)
Weatherby .243 (Varmit, deer and antelope rifle)
Marlin .22 bolt action (Plinking and small game)
Marlin Model 60 .22 (Plinking and small game)

Shotgun

Remington 12 Gauge Mag 870 Express Synthetic (Birds and rabbits)

Plinking

Chinese SKS (plinking and self defense)

Guns are like cigars - you can't own too many! :u

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
I own several guns.

Marlin .22 bolt action (Plinking and small game)
Ok, not a big gun freak, but what is plinking? Is that sort of like just going and shooting at cans or small targets and such?

I think the most fun you can have with a gun is with a .22 rifle bolt action and a brick of .22s.

You can shoot all day for $20 :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
summerkc said:
Ok, not a big gun freak, but what is plinking? Is that sort of like just going and shooting at cans or small targets and such?
Yep, that is what plinking is alright!

Sometimes rabbit hunting ends up as plinking when those little furballs can't be found! :D

And man, if you are spending $20 for a 500 brick of .22 rounds, you are spending too much! I can get them for about $10.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wetterhorn said:
Yep, that is what plinking is alright!

Sometimes rabbit hunting ends up as plinking when those little furballs can't be found! :D

And man, if you are spending $20 for a 500 brick of .22 rounds, you are spending too much! I can get them for about $10.
I just sort of guessed, couldn't remember, havn't bought a box in awhile. :D

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts

·
Theoretician
235 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
My everyday carry pistol Is the Kimber Ultra CDP. It is a great carry gun.
Yes, it is. And for those times when it's just a bit too big, a Glock 26 fits the bill nicely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guns are good! :cool:

I enjoy the shooting sports - never been a hunter myself. Have one of most every popular caliber in handguns, including black powder cap 'n ball. Here's one of my favs:

The Ruger Vaquero Bisley 44 mag. with cocobolo grips - looks great, and shoots better... ;)

I also handload my own in 7 different calibers. But out of it all, the most fun I have with firearms is in clay shooting sports - Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays! Just about to finish up Trap Summer leagues in a few weeks. My primary sporting shotgun is the Remington 1100 Sporting 12 semi-auto. Handicapped average in Trap over the Summer is running at 22.3 (out of 25) - having fun for sure! Would be sweet to win the grand prize at the upcoming banquet - over/under shotgun (forget brand) valued at over $6,000!

Some of my favorite shooting forums include:

Handloads.com
Shotgunworld.com
Sixgunner.com
Ruger Mk. II forum
1911forum.com

You can't tell I'm into this can ya? :w

I wonder if I could shoot Trap with a stogie hanging outta' my mouth, sorta' like the way Chichi Rodriguez does when he tee's off in golf? Ten bucks says that would make for some strange stares! :D

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MoTheMan said:
Mmm! Nice.

Ever get to try the Benelli M1 Tactical?
Thanks Mo.

Have not tried a Benelli M1 Tactical, sweet shotgun. High speed low drag all the way!

Nortonics said:
I wonder if I could shoot Trap with a stogie hanging outta' my mouth, sorta' like the way Chichi Rodriguez does when he tee's off in golf? Ten bucks says that would make for some strange stares!
:r

I'd like to shoot Trap, Skeet sometime looks like fun. A cigar would make it even better if you ask me!

Edited to say:

Welcome to Club Stogie Nortonics!

Great group here.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well 1f1fan thanx for starting this thread...for two reasons(#1) it aquaints CS members who are gunowners,(#2) It lets me list all my hardware,Here goes.

Handguns:

SIG P220 .45ACP,P226 .40/.357SIG,P226 9mm stainless
Kimber UC stainless
Kahr K9 9mm two tone (Wifes pistol)

Semiauto Rifles:

DPMS AR15 flat top W/ATN Ultra Sight,and Surefire lighting system.
2 Romanian SAR1 AK47 clones cal.7.62x39
2 Romanian SAR2 clones........cal.5.45x39
1 Romanian SAR3 clone........ cal. .223 NATO
184 series Ruger Mini14

Bolt Action Rifles:

Ruger Mod.77Mk 1.............cal.30.06
Remington Mod.700BDL......cal 7mmRem Mag.
Remington Mod.700BDL......cal .270

Shotgun(only 1...I'm not a bird hunter or a trap/skeet shooter)

Mossberg Mod.590 12gauge...20"bbl

Damn look at all that money I've spent on firearms...Just think with all that scratch I could've had a nice Pre-Castro exotics collection going by now!

·
Registered
451 Posts
kamikaiguy said:
AF MAN

Nice collection. I have been wanting to get a Kahr for a long time never got around to it.
Quality pistol!...my wife can shoot it better than me...but it's the only one she shoots it,and she gets a lot more practice wit it than I do!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't want to risk taking this post to a 'political' discussion, because that is certainly not what I'm about....however, as a Canadian on the forum here who has the pleasure (yes, pleasure!) of being a guest in this fine country (my two little boys are born US and I am proud of that), I would like to say that while many folks (and myself sometimes) do not completely understand the particular fascination that catches US folks re: handguns, I have to say that I like to shoot shotguns (skeet) and would like to have a nice handgun for target practice. I can't imaging carrying a gun daily, but I do think that 99% of the people who are 'into' guns in this country are basically well adjusted folks who suffer because 1% cause major problems by mis-using firearms to hurt people. Overall, even though my Canadian background has trained me to look at the gun industry in a suspect fashion, I think the vast majority of firearm owners in this country should just be left the @#$% alone to pursue their hobby in a responsible and safe fashion.

That's all I had to say. Well, one more thing...I maintain that my two young boys should (and will) have gun training when appropriate...this is not to encourage any sort of 'evil' action with guns, but rather just so they have more intelligence on how guns work and how to avoid disaster. Nothing is sadder than seeing a little one who inadvertently was killed/injured by another kid who didn't know how guns work, how the chamber retains live rounds, etc. It is something that is so easy to prevent by some education!

Keep puffing my fellow BOTL! Puff safely......

·
Light's on..No one's home
371 Posts
AF MAN said:
Quality pistol!...my wife can shoot it better than me...but it's the only one she shoots it,and she gets a lot more practice wit it than I do!
One well aimed shot is FIREPOWER!... Jeff Cooper Gunsite School

Beware of the shooter who only owns one firearm!

·
Registered
382 Posts
kscotty said:
That's all I had to say. Well, one more thing...I maintain that my two young boys should (and will) have gun training when appropriate...this is not to encourage any sort of 'evil' action with guns, but rather just so they have more intelligence on how guns work and how to avoid disaster. Nothing is sadder than seeing a little one who inadvertently was killed/injured by another kid who didn't know how guns work, how the chamber retains live rounds, etc. It is something that is so easy to prevent by some education!

Keep puffing my fellow BOTL! Puff safely......
I think every kid in America should under go some type of firearm safety class, you might have a gun in your house, but what about when your kid goes to his friends houses? I was taught very early to give guns respect and I see idiots all the time pointing guns a people, even though they are empty. It only takes one mistake...

·
Registered
451 Posts
Great post kscotty you hit the nail on the head bro...damn straight I believe in
firearms safety training,it makes children more responsible gun owners when they grow up...My son went thru the firearms,and hunter safety training course given by the Texas Parks,and Wildlife Dept.One thing that tears me a new one tho is the kids who've lost their lives to ADs,and NDs wouldn't have, if the gun had been stored safely...I attribute that to the negligence of the parents...when children are present firearms should be stored in a gunsafe or,other secure devise so little ones can't gain access.I further maintain that the adult(s) who are responsible for the firearm that causes a death,or injury,be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!Ok I'll get off my
:sb now

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.