Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would you think or know if a guinness would or dose go well with cigars im going to ireland for a fishing trip and thats all im going to drink down there and was hpoing itull go well with some of my sticks im using as payment

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
yep I think they work pretty well together

·
Registered
377 Posts
I drink Guiness all the time with cigars at Robustos. Just don't try anything light hearted, as the Guiness tends to overpower the cigar. I always go for a strong flavored maduro with it.

Reactions: Watch.brian

·
Registered
800 Posts
i was just there, and to tell u the truth, erase what flavor you have as guiness that you drank here. it is a totally different beer and it is incredible, it tastes so much different that normally i wouldn't drink one here cause of its bitter (yet delicious) taste, but over there it is almost sweet so i would say yes.

Reactions: Watch.brian

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
i was just there, and to tell u the truth, erase what flavor you have as guiness that you drank here. it is a totally different beer and it is incredible, it tastes so much different that normally i wouldn't drink one here cause of its bitter (yet delicious) taste, but over there it is almost sweet so i would say yes.
I've not had Guiness in England but in America they make two kinds of Guiness, Draft and extra stout and they couldn't be more different.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've not had Guiness in England but in America they make two kinds of Guiness, Draft and extra stout and they couldn't be more different.
indeed, but Extra Stout is not available in Draft beer at a bar i dont believe. so most of the time if one buys the draft in can/bottle or at the local bar is more than likely the Draught selection of the brand. But even the Draught in England and in Ireland is must sweeter tasting than it is here, it has to do with time (transportation time to the US) and believe it or not the taps at local bars that give it a taste we know and love.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
criddler draught to me is less acidic in taste and has a larger creamey head that lasts longer the extrer stout is a much more acidic taste with little head and i just dont like it without the head its nothing but a nasty taste that burns my throat

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just dont plan on smoking in the pubs.
yep what has britian come to not being allowed to smoke in the pub WTF its a tradition to sit down to a pint and have a smoke my dad well he dosent smoke but my grandad he would do it evreyday after work and we dont even have the option to have some pubs just for smokers thats what ive been hearing a lot of of late for the goverment to allow certen pubs to open just for smokers but no i say its thanks to the damm EU thanks brussels thanks a lot

·
Registered
211 Posts
In Houston, you can either go to a local B&M that will let you BYO, or there's Downing Street Pub or the Smoke Inn. Both of those are still able to have smoking in their establishments.

And Guiness and cigars are always a good combination, IMO. Just not if you're trying to taste delicate flavors and nuances of change.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd smoke some full-flavored stuff. A Perdomo Habano Maduro would go GREAT with a pint of Guinness (actually, it dos go GREAT as I've made this pairing just this weekend.) It goes even better after a nice NY strip marinated in Jamison. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Being from the Bahamas I know guinness goes good with conch, but have yet to have it with a cigar. The guinness over there taste better than the stuff I get in the US though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts