Cigar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
54 year old Kenworth Truck painter, Gary Ridgway from Auburn Wa., will today plead guilty to 48 counts of 1st degree murder. Solving the Green River serial murder mystery which has baffled investigaters since 1981. In the end DNA nabbed him.

This is being done as a plea deal, he led detectives to 4 bodies in the past few months, so he can avoid the death penalty.

I'm sure much will become of this, the courthouse in Seattle is surrounded by national media, a swat team is positioned around the proceedings and all the Geraldo types are in town.

This may be the end of the Death Penalty...at least as we know it. While all this was going on thru-out the 80s', I never once thought this guy would avoid the death penalty, let alone change the definition by killing a few extra. But as Jeffrey Dahmer found out, prison has a way of sorting things out.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The NYTimes take, not for the squeamish...
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/05/national/05CND-MURD.html

I really don't mean to drift so far off the cigar type topic, but this case actually had a profound affect on most of the people I've associated with in my life. A real emotional day for thousands of people in the Seattle area. We are all collectively just " Blown Away" by the whole 20+ years of this case now starting to have an ending of some sort. #1 serial murderer in U.S. History.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts