Cigar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
I must disagree with y’all. If your firing up a smoker there are very few things that will finish on a smoker before a cigar. Unless you have a 5hr cigar lol. Just personally I’m not putting anything on a smoker that takes less then 3hrs. That’s at least a gar maybe gar and a half at min

·
Registered
626 Posts
@zcziggy in my experience the combo units have more issues then isolated units. If it were me I would invest the money into a decent grill. Then you can get the griddle plate for your grill. This actually has multiple benefits. First you can sear your meat on the hot griddle plate. Then you can move your meat to the upper rack of the grill, close the lid and in a sense create an oven atmosphere to finish the cook. Plus the cleaning of the griddle top is sooo much easier. You don’t have to get grill bricks and scour the “flat top”. It’s also very easy to create zones on the flat top, the same way you can on an isolated unit. Simply put the more parts there are the more that can go wrong. A good quality grill will last years and years with minor maintenance. It will cost prolly 50/75 extra for the flat top “conversion”. And unless you have have an accident with a plasma cutter I doubt your going to damage a half inch thick steel plate, for lack of a better term

1 - 8 of 8 Posts