Cigar Forums banner

Greatest Half-Time Show Ever

717 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  MrINMENSO 
#1 ·
One man rocked the country last night.
I could see the lights and hear "Hey Jude" all the way down here in Palm Beach.
Just a great show.

#2 ·
I agree Bruce. I live in Jacksonville and it was a great week all around. The weather was a little rough during the week, but it was good weather for the weekend. I think Jacksonville did itself proud hosting the Super Bowl.

The halftime show was very good. I guess the 40+ group appreciated it a lot more than the younger crowd.

#4 ·
I was very impressed with the half time show!! It was great to hear music that I grew up with!! I was waiting the whole time for some punk band or some rap group to follow him, glad they didn't do that!

#7 ·
I was at a local pub here in the burgh. It was called the Fox and the Hound. It is a cigar friendly establishment. When he jude came on we all stood up and began to wave our tourches back and fourth with the audience at the super bowl. Talk about a spiritual experience.

#8 ·
Sounds like you had a great super bowl kamikaiguy. It was sure better than last year. Good to see all the bitchin made the producers realize that entertainment doesn't have to be (whats in the now group). Great show, bad quarter-backin, but was a good game.
kamikaiguy said:
I was at a local pub here in the burgh. It was called the Fox and the Hound. It is a cigar friendly establishment. When he jude came on we all stood up and began to wave our tourches back and fourth with the audience at the super bowl. Talk about a spiritual experience.

#9 ·
It was a great halftime show. I was in Houston for SB XXXVIII last year and all you saw was MTV all over the place! Instead of focusing on the game, they thought it'd be cute to try and capture MTVs typical "Spring Break" atmosphere. Needless to say, they failed, and they failed miserably. The whole Janet fiasco was just the icing on the cake. The streaker with the GoldenPalace.com adverstisement across his body was mildly entertaining though...something about seeing an average everyday guy get absolutely leveled by a pro athlete for making an ass of himself that just makes it all worthwhile :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.