Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum and to the cigar hobby. I have been lurking in here for a few days now and I have to say this is a heck of a forum. I have learned a great deal about cigars lately and have succesfully established my little humidor. What overwhelms me is the variety of cigars in the market, i have a few that I want to try based on what I have read in here (Padron, FdO, Sancho Panza) I basically like mild to medium bodied cigars but have already tried full-bodied, a RDM robusto kicked my booty the other day, but man did it have flavor! I seem to be liking AF. I'm trying to sample different cigars but the selection is huge, so if you guys can shoot me some suggestions they will be gladly welcomed. My humi is sad 'cause I only have four cigars in there right now, but until I find the one cigar that drives me crazy I won't buy a box. Anyways thanks in advace and i look forward to getting to know you guys and to learn from you knowledge. Regards Nely.

·
Definitely not a puff fan
1,804 Posts
welcome!

Try 5 packs from places like holts.com, jrcigar.com, and smokeall.com.

You might try Torano 1916 Cameroon, or the Torano Signature line which is a more of a medium bodied smoke.

·
In Mojita Mania
614 Posts
Welcome to the Jungle!
Might recommend:

La Aroma De Cuba
Saint Luis Rey
Padron 3000 (as mentioned)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Try to smoke everything you get your hands on... before you buy a box... Try to buy sample-packs or 5-packs.... The ones thats "good" usually have a high price but there are a few exceptions...

Good luck and welcome!!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Nely, First let me welcome you to the finest internet Cigar Community.

My personal Recomendations for Medium Bodoed cigars!!!!!! Good Question...

Ok Here goes....

TTT Trinidad
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos
Partagas Spanish Rosado
Punch Rare Corojo
Padron
Montechristo Serie V
Perdomo Reserve La Tradition Cabinet Series
Perdomo Cuban Parejo

That should be a good start for you.

·
Registered
21,743 Posts
Welcome to Club Stogie!

I agree with most, buy as many 5 packs and samplers as you can. Go to your local B&M shop and pick up singles.

May I recommend:

AF Hemingway Short Story
AF Hemingway Best Seller
Padron 2000 Maduro
Padron Anniversary Maduro Exclusivo
Tornao Exodus Gold
Torano 1916 Cameroon
Sanco Panza Double Maduro Quixote
La Aroma De Cuba
CAO

Have fun!

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'll second the suggestion of the Don Carlos(IMO the best cigar Fuente makes).

·
Sneaky Bombin Bastage
2,569 Posts
Welcome and hello.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Whoa Nely! :D Welcome aboard. Lot's of good suggestions. I'd add La Gloria Cubana and second the suggestion to check out 5-packs from JR or elsewhere.

Goat Locker

·
What would Skeeter do?
4,202 Posts
Welcome to the journey. I really don't have anything to add.....it's so hard to give advice about what a person might like. Some fine suggestions have been made, however.

I remember what a huge step it was when I bought my 1st bundle :p . It was such a commitment.....kinda like asking a girl to go steady (do they still do that? I suppose so.). When I started buying boxes I would shop the catalogs for hours & hours, reading copy, studying prices & agonizing over spending more than $35 or $40 for a box of cigars. Now, if I get a box for under a hundred, I commend myself for how thrifty I am being. :r

For someone who didn't have anything to add, I sure do ramble! :fu :r

Gladtahavya

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
drc said:
Welcome to the jungle. I think you've already been given plenty of great suggestions. Have fun sampling.
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome and suggestions. My list of cigars to try now went from little to big. I got a lot of sampling to do :w . I work close by a great tobaconnist thats got a huge store ( Villar on US1 and 139th street, for those of you in the Miami area). Hey 1f1fan I'm also a gun enthusiast like you ;)

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Nely, did you ever find that one cigar that drives you crazy yet?

Ron

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.