Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been away for nearly two weeks due to my Grandfather passing. He was my last grandparent and the one I was the closest to. He was a great man and I had an incredible respect for him. People always think about grandparents bragging about their grandchildren, but I always bragged about him. I was lucky to have him in my life and will miss him a great deal.

The past week and a half has been spent rushing to get plane tickets back to Virginia, saying my last goodbye over the phone, and spending time with the family. The service was beautiful and fit my grandfather perfectly and the visit with family was wonderful despite the circumstances and I am glad that I was able to be there to support my family. It has been a hectic and emotional couple of weeks and I am glad to be back home where I can rest and reflect on the life of a great man.

Thanks for reading and letting me get some of that off my chest.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I have been away for nearly two weeks due to my Grandfather passing. He was my last grandparent and the one I was the closest to. He was a great man and I had an incredible respect for him. People always think about grandparents bragging about their grandchildren, but I always bragged about him. I was lucky to have him in my life and will miss him a great deal.

The past week and a half has been spent rushing to get plane tickets back to Virginia, saying my last goodbye over the phone, and spending time with the family. The service was beautiful and fit my grandfather perfectly and the visit with family was wonderful despite the circumstances and I am glad that I was able to be there to support my family. It has been a hectic and emotional couple of weeks and I am glad to be back home where I can rest and reflect on the life of a great man.

Thanks for reading and letting me get some of that off my chest.
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. It sounds like he was greatly loved by you. Enjoy your memories.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
you will see him again one day. be sure of it

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Sorry about losing your Grandfather. The special memories will be with you for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
You have my condolences that is a great loss, I know personally and my grandfather was like my father and I was always with him my grandmother also and I am still recovering and to top it off my girlfriends grandparents just passed away at the same time she was in Hawaii for about a month and I suffer for her to.

·
Evolving Lead Gorilla
846 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your loss dannyboy. I understand what you're going through as I'm in the same situation. My grandfather has become very sick, and he made the decision to just go home where it's comfortable instead of staying at the hospital. I'll be driving up to Pennsylvania sometime in the next two weeks since I can't afford a flight. Wish I could be there now, but I can't.

·
aka Silky
2,487 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. You were very fortunate to know your grandfather. Unfortunately, I never got to know mine all that well. Just found out this weekend that one of my grandfathers were not the best of character (saying that nicely). I envy how well you knew yours. You have my prayers.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I felt the same way and still do about the only grandfather I ever knew. It's been several years now but your post brings back memories. I still miss the man dearly. My condolences to you and your family.

·
Elder Jungle Leader
4,989 Posts
Hang in there, brother. Sounds like you have a ton of special memories to cherish. May God's peace and comfort be with you and your family. :ss

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.