Cigar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all the gorillas. I have been lurking in the bushes since about the first of the year. It has become one of my favorite places to go. All the great guys that post here are super at helping everyone with questions and passing info of the great Cuban Leaf. I’m a big NASCAR fan but I can’t stand to read most of the forums, they are filled with idiots, snobs and hostile members. You fellas are the warmest and helpful bunch I’ve found. I’ll try to post when I have something to add although most of my knowledge about Habanos and cigars in general have come from here. In my circles I am the ISMO expert due to the info I have received from all the Gorillas here. There is still so much to learn….. the first class I would like to take is Mooching 101 by what I can understand Matt can get me up to speed since he has a PHD in that area. LOL When I have time to post my story of falling into the slippery slope I will, for me it was more like the Grand Canyon. See Ya’ll in the Jungle.

·
Registered
21,744 Posts
Bman said:
This is for all the gorillas. I have been lurking in the bushes since about the first of the year. It has become one of my favorite places to go. All the great guys that post here are super at helping everyone with questions and passing info of the great Cuban Leaf.
Glad you stood up in the tall grass and started posting. You are right on about the help and knowledge you can get from other gorillas.

Bman said:
I'm a big NASCAR fan but I can't stand to read most of the forums, they are filled with idiots, snobs and hostile members.
Are you referring to the other forums here at Club Stogie or other cigar bulletin boards?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not refering to any forums I've read here, just forums boards in general across the internet. I like it here!!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Cost of attending a Mooching 101 seminar is one fine aged Havana. :)

Welcome to Club Stogie!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Welcome to one of the best cigar boards on the web. Not quite as active as other boards, but if looking for cigar information and not non-cigar related crap, this place is hard to beat.
The folks here are as helpfull, mature & friendly as one could hope for.

For me, this is the best board of the 3 I frequent. One I moderate got so bad, the ratio of cigar content vs. non cigar content is like 1 in 200 so I rarely visit there anymore at all.

·
DymOnamic
966 Posts
Bman, Welcome, this is the place to go for cigar info. Every time I go in the jungle, I'm craving another smoke! :w Can't wait to hear your Grand Canyon story!!!

Just checking out Matt Rs. and Pokers' Bare arse pics' I think this is a primitive mooching procedure that works well in the bananas only district. :r

·
Registered
921 Posts
Welcome, from another newcomer.
Being on this website for about 15 minutes a night is like checking in with the gang. The coolest thing is that I have met smokers in my area who have joined our little cigar circle on Friday nights. --- I made new friends from a cigar forum over the internet..... Cool.
Bruce5

·
MoTheMentor
3,075 Posts
Welcome aboard Bman!

You've found the right place.

Hey Bruce,

Think we should mention some of the crazy cigar buying habits of the group here in Baltimore? If we do, everyone might want to come over to Baltimore to herf!!

MoTheMan

·
Registered
116 Posts
MoTheMan said:
Hey Bruce,

Think we should mention some of the crazy cigar buying habits of the group here in Baltimore? If we do, everyone might want to come over to Baltimore to herf!!
I better get my butt down to Canton on Friday evenings!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
poker said:

For me, this is the best board of the 3 I frequent. One I moderate got so bad, the ratio of cigar content vs. non cigar content is like 1 in 200 so I rarely visit there anymore at all.
Hmm... 1 in 200 may be stretching it! Between that and the psychoses prevalent on other boards, I find myself spending much more time over here. I may need to even start posting more and lurking less ;)

Who knows, maybe even a trip to lovely downtown Springfield could be in order :D

Everyone I've met or interacted with on this board has been a class act - though I'm sure they're not entirely representative of all the gorillas in this jungle :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Habana Mike said:
I may need to even start posting more and lurking less ;)

Everyone I've met or interacted with on this board has been a class act - though I'm sure they're not entirely representative of all the gorillas in this jungle :)
No Mike, you need to be working since you're employed now. You shouldn't have time to post. LOL

BTW, flipflop is not a good representation of the folks here. Everyone here calls him the bad seed :r

·
Registered
200 Posts
Brandon said:
No Mike, you need to be working since you're employed now. You shouldn't have time to post. LOL

BTW, flipflop is not a good representation of the folks here. Everyone here calls him the bad seed :r
Got to take a breather every now and then, Brandon - I do give myself breaks and a lunch hour :)

I had forgetten about Phil when I made the generalization above ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts