Cigar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
4,059 Posts
The can of worms remains open....:confused:
Not really.

I've noticed that those of us who live in already hot, easily flooded parts of the world tend to take a different view from those people who live in cold, inland locations but would prefer to live in a warm, coastal location... without having to move.

· Registered
40 Posts
lol Good try, its happening. Stated within the first 90 seconds is that the ice core record shows that when co2 levels go up, temp goes down. This is just false, CO2 levels are at the highest level in the last 650,000 years and the temp is rising. The current co2 levels are 27% higher than those seen in the last 650,000 years.

· Registered
373 Posts
lol Good try, its happening. Stated within the first 90 seconds is that the ice core record shows that when co2 goes up temp goes down. This is just false, CO2 levels are at the highest level in the last 650,000 years and the temp is rising.
How's that Algore koolaid taste?

· Registered
967 Posts
I don't think anyone is arguing that there is not a climate change. I think the argument is why there is a climate change.

Because the UN and Al Gore says it's fact does not mean a hill of beans to me. I'd like to see the scientific community become more united in figuring this out. If we are screwing things up that bad, we need to start changing things ASAP. If we're not, then let's focus on dealing with the climate change itself for future generations.

I, personally, think that we should conserve a little more and implement alternate fuels regardless of the global warming issue. The politics and hypocrisy coming from the global-warming-is-fact camp and the venom spewed towards people and scientists who think we should look at all sides of the issue makes me very wary of them.

As an aside, a note to all people who are very political: just because you believe something is true doesn't mean it is.. no matter how much of a pompous prick you act like when you say it.

· Still Smitty's biotch!
3,434 Posts
How's that Algore koolaid taste?
:tu :tpd:

Someone has to stay in Al's TN home and ensure all the lights are on!

I have a BS in Natural Resources; I call it my degree in unemployment. There are certain issues you would swear that I am a tiedyewearinghookahpuffingBirkenstockwearing hippie if you didn't know me better. This is not one of those issues. Algre is full of :BS.

If you want to talk about the disasters of wetlands mitigation on the other hand I'll pack the bowl brother.

· Registered
2,913 Posts
For you guys who think global warming is not or may not be happening, what type of proof would you need to change your mind?
Go over to runnersworld.com message board in the L&O area. There are plenty of GW nuts over there that will stand by ya.

· Registered
5,786 Posts
No need the vast majority of peer reviewed science authors stand by global warming is happening.

yup, global warming is happenning.........same way it happenned in the past when man/woman wasn't even around. Same way global cooling happenned when we weren't around either. This planet goes through cycles, always has and always will. Nothing we do, or don't do, will change that, ;)

By the way, when did Al become so bloated? He looks like a beached whale for chrissake. And when did he become a scientist extraordinaire? Man, I have NOT been paying attention, :r

· Registered
11,438 Posts
Go over to runnersworld.com message board in the L&O area. There are plenty of GW nuts over there that will stand by ya.
This is the kind of :BS that stirs up the pot. This person asks a question in a polite manner, imo, and you jump in with an f'd up answer. If all goes that way it usually goes, you eventually will submit some crap along the lines of "calm down" or "relax" or "go smoke a cigar" or "let us agree to disagree" as soon as your "just because I said so" wears thin...What is your point? Are you just looking to prove your modus operandi?

· Registered
384 Posts
good video - was on tv in the uk.

Apparently, the Co2 goes up AFTER the earth heats up, and they think this is caused by the biggest and most prevelant green house gasses of them all - Water vapour. makes sense i guess, Heat goes up, Water evaporates thus creating more Co2, thus having more Co2 in the atmosphere. The video suggests sun spots are the cause of global warming, and if you watch the video you can see that historically it is much more accurate than Co2.
No ones arguing the world isn't heating up, but it could be for different reasons, this has atleast left me unsure as to how much truth the global warming argument holds.

The one thing that got me, was how after world war II the temp fell, even though Co2 increased, and then the temp increased and Co2 fell.

I really would watch this video before saying it's all lies, because it has some interesting points

andy

· Registered
40 Posts
I agree the planet goes through warming and cooling, its the rate at which it is occuring right now that is alarming to say the least. In the past the warming and cooling has taken thousands of years to see the types of changes we are seeing in the last 100 years.

· Registered
5,786 Posts
I agree the planet goes through warming and cooling, its the rate at which it is occuring right now that is alarming to say the least. In the past the warming and cooling has taken thousands of years to see the types of changes we are seeing in the last 100 years.
Eventually the Earth will warm, the seas will rise, etc.etc.etc. Can someone give me a good, unselfish, unself serving, rationale as to why it is important if it happens 100 years from now as opposed to 500 years from now? 50 years from now as opposed to 1,000 years from now?

Folks, it's going to happen. IMHO our scientists would be better served figuring out how to deal with it when it does happen, rather than bickering and engaging in petty squabbling about WHEN it will happen.:2

· Registered
40 Posts
Whats happening right now is not part of the earths normal cycle. Global cooling/warming happen once every 40,000 according to the earth tilt(22.5-24 degrees). Say we keep at the same pace for the next 100 years and the earth keeps tilting as part of its normal cycle. It is possible that the earth could become super heated causing all types of problems that could lead to humans going bye bye for ever. We really have no idea what is going to happen, only ideas.

· Registered
5,786 Posts
Whats happening right now is not part of the earths normal cycle. Global cooling/warming happen once every 40,000 according to the earth tilt(22.5-24 degrees). Say we keep at the same pace for the next 100 years and the earth keeps tilting as part of its normal cycle. It is possible that the earth could become super heated causing all types of problems that could lead to humans going bye bye for ever. We really have no idea what is going to happen, only ideas.
okay, so you can't answer my question.....next!:D

· Registered
40 Posts
okay, so you can't answer my question.....next!:D
I thought I did answer your question. I will try again :)

By doing everything we can to curve global warming caused by humans will give scientists more time to learn how to deal with global warming and all that comes with it.

No need to accelerate the warming unless you really want a beach front house in Kansas

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.